Many people are looking for a way to get perfectly straightened hair. You probably thought to find the best flat iron for natural hair was a piece of cake, right? Then you started looking, and you realized that there are too many options, and every hair straightener is entirely different. How should you choose the right one?
The beauty of hair is in its versatility.
We have the choice to wear natural curly hair naturally; try protective styles such as braids, locks, or straighten our structured locks – the options are endless. But when you are in the mood to turn your curls into straight stands, keep the right flat irons in your corner.
All irons are not made equal. Just because it gets hot has two plates, and claims that the hair is smooth, shiny, and protected does not mean that it is good.
This is especially true if your hair is natural. Afro hair can seem like it needs a lot of heat to straighten, but with the wrong tool, you can bake your coils permanently. Hello, heat damage.
To make matters worse (sorry), buying the wrong iron is more than just a massive waste of money. It can also cause severe damage in the long run. Her.
Fortunately, this handy guide will help you choose the best flat iron for natural hair type.
Look no further, because the following article contains ten different options of best flat iron for natural hair for you! All irons have different settings and options, but all of these on this list are put together to work correctly with your hair texture.
Table Of Contents
- Top 5 Best Flat Iron For Natural Hair (Quick Summary)
- Things To Think When Choosing Best Flat Iron For Natural Hair
- 10 Best Flat Iron For Natural Hair Reviews 2020
- 1-HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
- 2-BaBylissPRO, Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron
- 3-Bio Ionic OnePass
- 4-Furiden Revolutionary One Step Straightener And Styler
- 5-Remington, S5500 Digital Anti Static Ceramic Hair Straightener
- 6-Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron
- 7-Kipozi Professional Flat Iron
- 8-Mondava Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron Hair Straightener
- 9-Isa Professional Titanium Flat Iron Digital Hair Straightener
- 10-Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Smooth Flat Iron
- What you need to know before your straightens hair
- FAQ About Flat Iron
Top 5 Best Flat Iron For Natural Hair (Quick Summary)
Things To Think When Choosing Best Flat Iron For Natural Hair
You are probably here because all the different options and functions available on modern flat irons can be a little confusing! Don’t worry, and we are here to help. You have to pay attention to this.
Before we start with the list of our top choices for the best hair flat iron for natural hair, here are five qualities that you absolutely must look for in whatever hair straightener you choose. Choose:
Temperature settings are one of the most important things to take into account when buying a flat iron. Hair straighteners come in all different ratings. Statistically, African-American females have thick, natural, and curly hair. That is why you may want to consider an iron with a high-temperature rating.
Alternatively, if your hair is brittle and damaged, you may want to find one with the lowest possible temperature. The good thing to note, however, is that most irons have a wide range of temperature settings, so you’re sure you’ll find one in the perfect field.
Size of the plates
Do you have a lot of hair? Is your hair long? Is it short? Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, plates, or different sizes can help you. For example, if your hair is thick and long, try to find a thicker plate more than 2.5 cm thick. If your hair is short, consider a thin iron thinner, such as smaller than an inch.
If you are looking for an iron that can handle everything, find one with a rounded and rounded edge. These allow you to not only straighten your hair but also to curl it. These are great for people who like to travel or don’t like the mess or have several different irons for your hair. The alternative is to purchase different irons.
The material that makes up the plates or your straightener can vary widely and produce many different results. The two most popular types of metals or materials used in the dishes or style bars are ceramics and titanium. Both have different effects. Ceramic warms up more evenly and is smoother, but titanium is stronger and more durable. If you are clumsy or your hair straightener is right, consider getting the titanium iron.
Sometimes straightening hurts. It can pull your hair and cause scalp pain. If you are more sensitive to scalp pain or have scalp sensitivity, consider using a straightener with floating plates.
These are lifted slightly and pull less on the hair than a traditional fixed straightener. If you are a tender and this does not bother you, a conventional straightener with titanium or ceramic plates should work fine for you.
If you’re susceptible to frizzy hair, you should consider using a straightener that is enforced with negative ion technology. Ions are charged with particles of energy. They can cause static in your hair. This is known as “frizzy hair.”
The time it gets hot
If you are in a hurry, you don’t want to wait for your iron to heat up. If you notice that you are usually impatient while waiting for your iron to reach the optimum temperature, it is probably taking too long to heat up.
Consider getting an iron with a faster warm-up speed to shorten the waiting time to start straightening your hair.
If you are a forgetful person like me, with a straightener or a straightener with an automatic switch-off timer, you can calm your nerves when you’re done in the morning.
If you have ever experienced the fear or panic or you remember whether you are wondering or not, you have unplugged the power cord, and this feature is best for you and reassures you.
10 Best Flat Iron For Natural Hair Reviews 2020
The assessment of the best flat iron for natural hair will guide you in the right direction to look for when you buy a hair straightener! This way, you never have to worry that you can’t straighten your beautiful hair.
Finally, you get the list of our top best flat iron for natural hair from our experts. Here you will find three uniquely different hair straighteners that each works well on type 3 and types four natural hair.
So without further ado, we are pleased to announce our choices for the best flat iron for natural hair:
The HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron is the first to be read in this list. This slim designed straightener is unique from others because of the way it produces heat.
The technology in this HSI professional ceramic tourmaline ionic iron is excellent! It uses infrared heat technology. This model, compared to other options, works by uniquely heating the ironing plates and leads to rapid heating. This means you never have to wait long for your iron to heat up. Start straightening immediately after you’ve turned on this high HSI iron.
This option is one of the best hair straighteners for black hair because it is equipped with ceramic plates that heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The ceramic plates regularly distribute the heat and also ensure that every part of your hair receives the same level of excitement. Your hair is straight in one go!
The Tourmaline Ionic technology embedded in this iron provides a healthier way to straighten the hair, as it generates negative ions or small aspects of energy that is found in a battery and glides against your hair. These ions stop frizzy hair and flyaway hair.
I don’t like it when my straightener makes my hair curly, but I don’t have this fear with my HSI Flat Iron. Because of the ion technology and ceramic plates, just after one blow on my hair, it stays straight and tame.
I love accessories, and this straightener comes with a glove to protect my hand from exposure to high temperatures, a carrying case, and even an argan oil treatment that will certainly be my beautiful hair.
- STRAIGHTENS FLIPS and CURLS The HSI Professional Glider provides dramatic results on even the curliest hair to straighten quickly to turn and to curl with minimal effort Simple and fast
- MICRO SENSORS PREVENT FUTURE HAIR DAMAGE Use high quality ceramic plates 8 HeatBalance microsensors to regulate temperature and distribute heat evenly so fewer passages are needed on your precious hair
- CERAMICS AND CRYSTALS TO CREATE SIDED RESULTS The glider plates are designed with ceramic and tourmaline crystal ion plates to create a more glossy silky finish in less time
- ELIMINATE FRIZZ WITH ADJUSTABLE HIGH HEAT The adjustable temperature settings of 140 450 F give more control over the range a perfectly slim and smooth look for all hair types
- TAKE IT WHEN YOU TRAVEL The Gliders worldwide dual voltage compatible 110v 220v works so you can take it with you on your next vacation Move freely with the 360 degrees rotating cord
- EXTRAS INCLUDED The Glider Ceramic Flat Iron includes an HSI style guide a 1 year warranty and a bonus for leaving an argan oil to smooth and protect the locks
- WORKS FOR HANGERS The 1 inch plate width is full enough for each hair length but narrow enough for a bang
- PACKAGING MAY DIFFER Your HSI Professional Glider can be supplied in a red or white package
BaBylissPRO gets rave reviews. With a five-inch long plate, you can straighten wider (not thicker) parts of the hair so that you can complete the task faster.
This iron gets hot at a maximum of 450 degrees, and you have the choice between sheet width at 1 or 1 1/2 inch. With its ultra-thin body, this lightweight iron is perfect for women with very long and thick hair.
You don’t have to worry about your arms getting tired during your effort! Ultra-smooth titanium plates glide over the hair without hooking or pulling, and with 50 heat settings, you can get an exact temperature.
Be careful when buying your BaByliss tools, as there are many knock-offs available, especially at Amazon and eBay. If you visit the BaByliss website, you will find authorized sellers who sell the real thing.
There are a few things that are worse than the money you would spend to spend the current brand and receive a fake. Plus, some sellers offer a bargain or a bargain on fake irons – if the price seems too good to be true, that’s usually the case.
The Bio Ionic OnePass Nanoceramic straightener is a great option for anyone afraid of damaging their hair while stretching. The Bio Ionic is made with a special material that they call Silicon Speed ¹¹Strips. These strips are located on the plates that touch your hair.
The ergonomic shape of this iron fits perfectly in my feminine hand. It’s narrow where you grip and widen to one and a half centimeters thick on top. This means that more hair can be straightened per hair walk than with a narrower thickness. You iron your hair faster with this Bio Ionic OnePass iron!
As the name implies, this Bio Ionic OnePass iron only needs to go through your hair once to perfectly straight and healthy. Because the temperature rises to 400 degrees, this works perfectly with black hair.
I love the ability to control my heat setting on a straightener. This Bio Ionic OnePass has a rotary knob for multiple levels or heats control possible. Whether I want to use a higher heat or a lower heat, I have the power to decide. I can go up to 400 degrees with this straightener.
I have ruined and caused great damage to my hair when straightening too high or heat in the past. Fortunately, this straightener only goes up 400 degrees and is also enforced with Silicon Speed ¹¹Strips to make my hair healthier than before I did the straightener on it. The NanoIonic minerals moisturize dry and damaged hair for perfectly healthy and shiny hair.
The Furiden Revolutionary One Step straightener and Styler is a great option for most people. It is beautifully and ergonomically designed, perfectly adapted to a woman’s hand.
The material from which this Furiden iron is made is heated within 15 seconds! The available heat settings range from 250 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and are therefore perfect for your black hair.
This straightener is perfect for multifunctional use. It has a curved, rounded edge that makes for a high curling iron. Just use it as you would with a typical curling iron and wait for the magic. Now you don’t have to emphasize that you are using two different items for styling your hair with this great two-in-one.
This Furiden iron is also known for its practical usefulness. It is equipped with a 360-degree twist cord to prevent tangles. This, with its extra-long 97-inch cable, ensures you will have no problems removing a mirror from the socket.
The Furiden Revolutionary One Step straightener and Styler are excellent for ease of use.
I love a straightener that’s easy to take with you because traveling is one of my favorite hobbies. This Furiden straightener and styler is excellent for both curling and straightening my thick hair.
This means that I only need one hair tool during my travels. This saves weight and any problems when wearing multiple hair tools.
The Furiden Revolutionary One Step straightener and Styler come with lots of extra bonuses to protect yourself and materials while styling your beautiful hair. This package comes with a heat-resistant glove, a travel bag, two combs, and two styling salon clips. No matter what you need for your hair, the set contains it.
- ONLY ONE STEP professional straightener with directional switch new design just one step to turn clockwise to the desired salon on high heat The Revolutionary One Step straightener and Styler gives you ultra smooth silky hair with a touch of the button
- NO SNAGGING AND NO TUGGING 360 rotatable long iron for women with floating plates balanced heat plates that move when you do The floating plates with curved edges continuously adjust the angle to prevent hook your hair to give you more control while styling
- BEST CHOICE FOR TRAVEL travel hair straightener and curling iron 2 in 1 with worldwide double voltage 110 240AC and automatic switch off Package included heat resistant glove flat iron bag salon comb and two salon hair clips FURIDEN travel set for stylers is your best choice
- 100 SATISFACTION GUARANTEE At Furiden we have strong confidence in our products Every Furiden product has a worry free 6 month warranty If you have a problem or suggestion please contact us we will contact you provide friendly support within 24 hours
Remington iron is an excellent choice for anyone who does not want to pay a fortune for a straightener. This is perfect for women who don’t heat their hair often and therefore don’t need a durable tool, or for women who aren’t sure if a $ 100 iron fits in their budget.
Removes the product moisture from your hair while you use it, which speeds up the styling process up to three times. It also protects your hair from damage.
Anyway, this affordable option has 30 seconds heating up to 410 degrees on a digital display, so you know exactly what temperature you apply to your hair.
The product has an automatic switch-off function. However, keep in mind that it takes a while to cool down. When you have finished using the iron, be careful where you place it.
With a 60-minute shut-off, you don’t have to worry that this iron will stay on all day if you forget it quickly and forget to remove it yourself.
- 1 Floating plates for smooth gliding
- Antistatic technology for 50 less static and fly away
- Titanium protective layer for quick heating and styling
- 30 longer
- Ceramic plates for faster styling and less damage 410 F High heat for fast styling
- Press and hold the button to quickly raise the iron to the highest temperature
- Automatically switch off for 60 minutes
This unique Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron is a type of straightener that you may have never seen before. It has an ergonomic shape designed to fit comfortably in a woman’s hand without sacrificing performance.
The Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron shows off the mixture of ceramic and titanium plates. They claim that it straightens hair sixty percent better and faster than other similar ceramic plates on the market.
Temperature is one of the most critical factors in choosing the best flat irons for natural hair. This Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron has a fantastic 25 heat setting. The temperature varies from 200 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
The temperature also runs in ten-degree steps, so you can get a precise heat that suits your hair. These settings prevent heat damage to your hair.
If you have ever left your home and you realized that you had left your hair straightener, you are not the only one! I have done this many times and wanted a particular function to switch off your iron automatically. That invention exists in the Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron.
Your iron switches off after a certain time! Don’t be afraid to burn your house just because you have in your flat iron!
- Advanced nano silver technology for sterilization and deodorization Double voltage 110 240 V
- Automatic switch off function Titanium ionic plates combined with far infrared heat results in smooth cuticles and shiny hair
- FND digital display and digital temperature control system maintains the precise temperature at all heat settings
- Digital temperature control with 25 heat settings varies from 200F 450F in steps of 10F
- 60 faster and more effective straightening using the most advanced ceramic technology
The Kipozi Professional Flat Iron is an innovative form of straightener that is best suited for people who are sensitive to frizzy hair after straightening her hair. This straightener is durable and yet soft for your hair because it is made of titanium and ceramic. The advanced technology in this straightener moisturizes your hair, turning damaged and frizzy hair into a straight and shiny hair.
The temperature range of each is between 270 degrees and 320 degrees Fahrenheit, 330 degrees and 380 degrees Fahrenheit, and 390 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. It is so useful to know the temperatures that my hair is suitable for. You do not want to use a higher temperature than your hair can handle, as this can cause further damage and damage to your hair.
- This straightener gives you that net back from the salon look The KIPOZI titanium flat iron with advanced PTC ceramic heater ensures optimum styling temperature at all times for ultimate results with up to 80 less breakage and more color protection Emission of negative ions to moisten your hair and transforms frizzy hair dull hair into beautifully shiny and slim looking hair which produces shape and movement in every styling session
- The heat of 450 gets the hair straight in an instant With easy to understand temperature heating settings you can adjust it to the thickness and texture of your hair The adjustable temperature suits all hair types fragile hair damaged hair and healthy hair It makes your hair look polished and healthy when you find the right heat setting for your hair so dont be alarmed if all eyes are on you
- Made of two titanium plates to deliver heat quickly and evenly reaching temperature up to 450 has gloss enhancing technology The smooth titanium plates glide smoothly through your hair while adding softness The 3D floating plates never pull on your hair the 1 inch plate width is full enough for every hair length but narrow enough for a bang and offers you an all in one straightener and curling iron
- A safety off automatically after 90 minutes has not been used Heat up to 380 C at a constant temperature in 15 seconds takes less time to design a hairstyle and helps prevent damage Go ahead brush away any curls or kinks but expect your hair to shine after you use it Any hair texture can benefit from this iron wavy curly and curled up and you name it The titanium plates fight frizz and at the same time strengthen the hair
- Take yours anywhere in the world because its made with a double tension thats perfect for traveling The worldwide dual voltage is 100V 240V and has a 360 degree twist cord 8ft Best of all it includes a built in digital LCD screen a safety lock design and a velvet travel bag
The Mondava Professional ceramic tourmaline hair straightener is one of the best hair straighteners I have used on the market today. Your hair straightens in one movement because this straightener is made of ceramic plates with negative ions.
This is perfect for curly hair because the negative ions invert the frizzy hair in your hair. If you have curly hair and have ever stretched your hair, you probably know how curly hair can get your hair and how quickly it can get fluffy.
Fluff will not be a problem for you when you use the Mondava professional ceramic tourmaline flat straightener! – This one and a quarter-inch flat iron make it quicker and more fun to prepare for in the morning or for events.
The handle fits comfortably in your hand because women design it for women. This straightener performs just like comparable salon-quality products, but for a much lower price.
This Mondeva hair straightener is perfect for those days when you get up late in the morning and have a run out of the house, but remember, I don’t want to leave your hair straightener.
Even those with the thickest, most curious hair can have perfect, smooth, and flat hair in less than thirty minutes! This is phenomenal because anyone who has been in a professional hair salon knows how long it takes before thick hair is ready!
- MAKES THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT THE SECRET FOR SEXY SMOOTH SHINY HAIR Do you ever wonder how amazing celebrities always seem to have perfect hair The secret is using the right tools Our 1 professional Mondava ceramic tourmaline straightener offers you the best hair styling results to get silky smooth or beach like waves in minutes SALON RECOMMENDED LIFETIME WARRANTY
- IGHTRIGHT ON FRIZZY its FAST Are you looking for the best way to tame frizzy hair Our ceramic irons are covered with premium tourmaline that delivers up to 3 million negatively charged ions per minute to smooth out frizz and give you straight straight and shiny hair
- ITALYS 1 AWARD WINNING PROFESSIONAL HAIR STYLING BRAND You deserve the best hair care tools and we are here to offer you the most technologically advanced ergonomic and elegant hair tools used by salon professionals worldwide It features the highest rated and award winning IONIC everywhere compared to the CHI BaBylissPro and GHD brands
- GREAT RESULTS FOR ALL HAIR TYPES If you are looking for a premium straightener with a constant temperature heat distribution for beautiful and fast results then you have found the best straightener It offers excellent heat distribution to style all hair types safely and effectively including delicate dry thin thick straight wavy curly and frizzy hair
The Isa Professional Titanium Flat Iron Digital straightener is an excellent ironing solution for black hair. It has a unique, feminine shape that certainly catches the eye! You will never see another hair straightener.
Isa Professional Flat Iron uses mirrored titanium plates that heat up and glide over your hair. You will always be aware of the temperature of your hair because it is equipped with an LCD screen.
This is great for anyone who has problems with curly hair, prior damage or wants to prevent it from becoming unnecessarily hot.
This Isa Professional Titanium Flat Iron Digital straightener not only improves your hair at the first sweep, but it also performs several other tasks and doubles as a curling iron! This straightener has a round, raised edge that creates beautiful curls.
Insert your hair into the opening as you would with a regular curling iron, wrap your strands or hair around the plates and the barrel and wait a few seconds for the magic!
I love how versatile, useful, and attractive; these two are in a straightener and curling iron! I love the color red, so I notice this. Not many other people will have a bright red iron, and therefore this acts as a personal statement piece.
- Titanium straightener with iron with mirror titanium plates
- Digital iron with a neon LCD background display
- 265 to 450 Fahrenheit temperature control
- For straightening ironing curling hair
- 2 year full warranty
This Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Smooth + Flat Iron is a great hair straightener for people who are afraid of further damage to their hair. The Paul Mitchell Flat Iron is safe, soft, ergonomic, and effective.
The plates of this straightener are one and a quarter-inch thick, while the handle is narrower. This paddle shape provides a comfortable grip, and the handle ensures that it never slips out of your hand.
I have had many examples in which my iron slipped out of my grip and eventually burned my hand. Fortunately, this will not be a problem.
Always know the temperature that you apply to your hair. This Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Smooth + Flat Iron has an LCD that shows the exact temperature of your hair straightener when you use it.
You never have to worry about burning your hair like those YouTube videos you see or hair errors! Don’t show up in one of these videos and use the Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Smooth + Flat Iron.
The Paul Mitchell Flat Iron uses ceramic floating paddle technology to ensure that your hair stays as frizzy and less smooth as possible. This is because the straightener emits negative ions that contrast with the positive energy ions in your hair.
These ceramic plates can heat up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit in just one minute! This is one of the faster warm-up times or hair straighteners on the market.
What you need to know before your straightens hair
Many things can go wrong when straightening African American hair. To calm your nerves and ensure you get as close as possible to professional quality, there are a few things you need to learn first. Avoid damaging your hair by learning the ins and outs or smoothing out thick or curly African American hair.
What you need to know before smoothing out African American hair is:
- Find the best straightener for your hair
- Limit how often you straighten your hair
- Moisturizer is the key
- Care to make sure your hair is clean
- Use a heat protector
Steps to straighten natural hair
There are many ways to straighten your natural hair. Some may be right, and some may be harmful. When you want to straighten your hair, you want to make sure you follow the right steps to cause the least damage to your hair. There are things to watch out for that can also cause permanent and unwanted damage. Below is an overview of the best procedure for temporarily straightening your black hair and allowing it to rest for as long as possible.
Below are the steps to correct natural hair in the right way and to cause as little damage as possible.
FAQ About Flat Iron
Do hair straighteners cause hair damage?
Yes, although to help you understand this better, it is essential to know that many things can damage your hair, just some things that are needed to promote healthy hair.
For example, using a comb or brush to detangle your hair can cause damage. Even if you are gentle, it is possible to damage your hair, leading to breakage
What is the ideal temperature for straightening curly hair?
Curly hair does not mind in high heat, giving you the freedom to use irons that do not have adjustable temperature settings. However, if you can choose between different heat levels, this is a function that you want to use. Also, curly hair is usually healthy, so you should not consider units that cannot reach at least 400F of heat.
If you choose a straightener for thick hair, you can go with a high temperature between 400-450F. But if your curls are not that aggressive, and you would describe your hair as beautiful and sensitive, you can go with a lower heat content.
You may need to experiment to see how your hair reacts to different temperatures. In that case, always start with the lowest setting that you think will work to straighten your hair.
How can I minimize hair Frizz?
Frizzy is a common problem for curly hair owners who use irons. If you want to minimize lint while straightening your hair, make sure your iron uses ionic technology. The technology uses negative ions to neutralize static electricity, which helps to control crucibles.
Also, you must use a heat-protecting spray and other hair products. Make sure you choose the ones that are free of harmful substances and suitable for your hair type.
Does damage from heat lead to irreversible damage?
Some people think that using a flat iron can cause irreparable damage, which is unlikely, but technically possible, especially with high heat settings.
Excessive use of irons, especially at higher heat settings, can cause significant hair damage. Normal use at a reasonable temperature is usually excellent.
How can I prevent heat damaged hair?
This is a popular question, so we have written a complete guide to flatten natural hair without causing heat damage.
Although, for your convenience, here is the summary of that article:
You can eliminate the possibility of heat damage, but you can minimize the likelihood of heat damage with these tips:
- Wait for your hair is dry before using a straightener. “Bubble hair” occurs when moisture and heat form bubbles in the hair shaft. This can cause severe damage to your hair and should be avoided.
- Always use a heat protection product when using a straightener — the silicones in the heat protector help to reduce the risk of heat damage by increasing heat tolerance.
- If you have very curly hair (for example, Type 4 hair), do not force a bone back if you need multiple passes from the straightener. Every time you go through the hair straightener through your hair, you increase your chances or cause permanent hair damage.
Finally, Consumer Reports also found a straightener with a higher selling price, and a popular brand name does not necessarily mean that you buy one of the best irons. Although you probably already knew the price and the brand, you always have a direct correlation with quality.
The best flat iron for natural hair has different temperature values, strong and durable materials, and is made with thick curly hair in mind.
Each of these irons on this list will undoubtedly benefit you and your hair in straightening. There is a hair straightener for everyone. Make sure you read through all the benefits or each product to choose the best for you!