This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
If you’ve ever wondered whether or not women like beards, you’re in for a treat. We asked a group of women to weigh in on the subject, and their answers may surprise you.
From the funny to the thoughtful, these ladies had a lot to say about beards.
So whether you’re sporting a beard or considering growing one, read on to find out what women really think.
Table Of Contents
Do Women Like Beards?
No definitive answer exists to this question since preferences vary from person to person. However, some surveys have been conducted that offer some insights.
A 2014 survey found that 54% of women responded that they would not date a man with a beard, while 30% said they would be indifferent, and 16% said they would actually prefer a bearded partner.
Interestingly, the majority of women who said they would not date a man with a beard cited “I don’t like the way it feels” as their main reason, followed by “I don’t like the way it looks.” So it seems that texture and appearance are both important factors to consider if you’re wondering whether or not to grow a beard.
Of course, surveys can only tell us so much. It’s also worth noting that some of the women who responded that they would not date a man with a beard may have been basing their answer on personal preference, rather than anything inherently negative about beards.
Overall, it seems that women are divided on the subject of beards. Some love them, some hate them, and some are indifferent.
However, there are a few things that most women can agree on when it comes to beards. For example, the majority of women said that a beard should be well-groomed and maintained in order to be attractive.
They also said that a beard should be soft to the touch and that it shouldn’t be too scratchy.
And remember, even if the majority of women say they don’t like beards, there will always be some who do – so don’t let survey results discourage you from growing one if it’s something you’re interested in.
What Women Like and Don’t Like About Beards
So, what do women like about beards? Here are some of the most common things:
- They make a man look more masculine: This is probably the most common reason why women like beards. There’s just something about a beard that makes a man look more manly, and many women find that to be incredibly attractive.
- They’re soft: Beards can actually be quite soft, and many women enjoy running their fingers through them.
- They smell good: Many women find the smell of a man’s beard to be incredibly intoxicating. In fact, there’s even a type of perfume that’s designed to smell like a man’s beard!
Now, let’s take a look at some of the things that women don’t like about beards:
- They can be scratchy: Not all beards are soft and cuddly. Some of them can be quite scratchy, and that can be a major turn-off for many women.
- They can be messy: Let’s face it, beards can be quite messy. They can get food stuck in them, and they can also collect dust and dirt. This can be a major problem for women who like to keep things clean and tidy.
- They can make kissing difficult: This is a big one. If a man has a beard, it can make kissing quite difficult. Many women find that it’s much harder to kiss a man who has a beard, and they often end up getting quite frustrated.
So, there you have it. These are some of the things that women like and don’t like about beards. Do you have a beard? What do you think about it?
Why is a beard so attractive?
A beard is often seen as a sign of masculinity and virility, and recent studies have shown that beard-wearing men are considered more attractive to women. But why is this?
There are a few theories. One is that a beard signifies that a man is mature and sexually experienced. Another is that a beard acts as a barrier to protect a man’s face from the sun and other environmental factors, which makes him appear more rugged and handsome.
Whatever the reason, it’s clear that many women find beards to be incredibly attractive. So if you’re thinking about growing one, go for it! You might just find yourself with a few more admirers than you thought.
What Style of Beard is Most Popular With Women?
There’s no doubt that beards are back in style. But what style of beard is most popular with women? We asked a group of ladies to weigh in on the matter, and here’s what they had to say.
The most popular style of beard, according to our survey, is the “stubble” look. This is when a man has a light growth of facial hair, usually achieved by not shaving for a day or two. The stubble look is rugged and masculine, and it seems to be just the right amount of facial hair for most women.
Another popular style is the full beard. This is when a man has a thick growth of facial hair, often covering the entire face. The full beard is a bit more of a commitment than the stubble look, but it can be very attractive if it’s well-groomed and styled.
Some women also like the goatee, which is when a man has facial hair just on the chin. This style can be either rugged or refined, depending on how it’s worn.
So there you have it! These are the most popular beard styles among women. So if you’re looking to grow a beard that will turn heads, you now know which style to go for.