Looking for the best hair gel for boys on the market? We have tested the best children’s hair gels from the top brands to find the highest quality styling products for boys and baby hair.
hair gel is one of those products that has always been there while maintaining popularity with men
It has also come a long way from its humble beginnings a few thousand years ago and working with almost every hairstyle and texture.
Whether you are a faux hawk, want to style a side part, messy tops or spiky hairstyles, these organic and safe hair products can keep your child stylish and healthy.
We are here to help you identify the best hair gel for boys, while we provide reviews, purchasing tips, a guide to applying the gel and how it relates to hair styling products.
View our in-depth review of the best hair gel for boys!
Table Of Contents
- Top 5 Best Hair Gel for Boys (Quick Summary)
- Things To Consider When Buying Hair Gel
- 10 Best Hair Gel For Boys 2021
- 1. Little Roseberry Hair Gel
- 2. Anchors Aweigh Hair Teddy Boy Natural Pomade
- 3. Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Styling Gel
- 4. Hip Peas Natural Hair Styling Balm For Boys
- 5. Original Sprout Natural Hair Gel
- 6. SoCozy Sensitive Styling Foam
- 7. Shea Moisture Kids Extra-Moisturizer Detangler
- 8. Bonsai Kids Hair Care Power Gel
- 9. Suavecito Pomade
- 10. American Crew Forming Cream
- Hair Gel VS Pomade VS Cream
- Styling Your Boy’s Hair
Top 5 Best Hair Gel for Boys (Quick Summary)
|Little Roseberry Hair Gel|
1,473 Customer Reviews
|Anchors Aweigh Hair Teddy Boy Natural Pomade|
144 Customer Reviews
|Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Styling Gel|
17,228 Customer Reviews
|Hip Peas Natural Hair Styling Balm for Boys|
1,793 Customer Reviews
|Original Sprout Natural Hair Gel|
424 Customer Reviews
Things To Consider When Buying Hair Gel
Your first step in the process is determining which hair gel is right for you, it is also useful to have an idea when considering which gel to buy.
What type of hair you have is an important consideration before you buy a styling product. Whether you have curly, thin, coarse, fine or thick hair, choose a gel that is suitable for that type.
The ingredients list of a hair gel varies from brand to brand, but keep in mind that many of them contain alcohol.
Although alcohol often gets a bad rap, it also has some benefits for the hair – including that it works as an antibacterial agent.
Another type of alcohol – fatty alcohol – is not astringent, but instead helps to retain moisture on the skin surface. Moreover, they will improve the overall smoothness of your hair.
Many gels are soluble in water, making them easy to wash out of your hair and some contain antioxidants. Lanolin wax is another ingredient that you often find in gels, while some products contain artificial odors, which is not necessarily a good thing.
Hold & Shine
The grip of a product refers to the power to hold your hair in place.
gel with stronger firmness will put your style in place (set), so you probably won’t have to restyle it during the day when a few hairs get out of place, and how shiny your hair is after applying the gel am working on it.
Let’s continue with our reviews about hair gel.
10 Best Hair Gel For Boys 2021
these are the best hair products for little boys. There is much that is about making a good hair gel or pomade for children.
In addition to evaluating the level of retention, luster, odor, texture, and washability, we have reviewed customer reviews and reviews to provide you with this complete guide.
Little Roseberry is a high-quality hair gel for children of all ages, including baby hair and toddlers, and is made with all-natural ingredients, resulting in a solution that is free from parabens, sulfates, artificial fragrances, harsh chemicals, and toxins.
As a styling product made in the USA, this gel offers a light fixation that keeps your child’s hair looking natural and textured.
Moreover, parents and small boys will not suffer from dryness, greasiness or flaking.
The company has even made a special effort to include organic Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel in their formula, which both promotes healthy hair growth and prevent possible skin irritation on the scalp.
With an easy-to-use bottle and a locked spout to stop spillage and mess, Little Roseberry Hair Gel is our favorite product on the market. For messy hair or styles that require movement and flow, this option is worth the money.
Customer Reviews1,473 Reviews
This stuff works great. I use it to lean back my daughter's hair in an attempt to annoy my wife.
Anchors Aweigh is another great company with the best children’s pomade on the market. Water-based, handmade and without chemicals, this natural hair pomade is perfect for styling all the coolest hairstyles your boy wants to try.
Made with medium to strong fixation and medium to a high gloss, this pomade keeps your boy’s hair smooth and in place all day. For this reason, we highly recommend it for little boys with thick hair who want to style smooth backs, pompadours, and combs. The best part is that, since it is water-based, mothers can simply apply a little water, restyle all day and wash easily at night.
Moreover, the scents of Bay Rum and Mint combine for a wonderful scent that lasts for a while but is not overwhelming. Finally, without petroleum, parabens, alcohols or other harsh chemicals, you can expect your hair to feel soft and smooth.
If you want to invest in an exceptional care product that will make your toddler look brave, the pomade is from Teddy Boy.
- Handmade and veteran in ownership
- Contains no petroleum, parabens, alcohol and propylene glycol
- Water-based for easier washing and restyling
Customer Reviews144 Reviews
I love the scent! Works great in my little boy’s very curly thick hair!
Fairy Tales has developed a clinically proven styling product that also helps prevent lice. With a patented mix of organic ingredients such as rosemary, citronella, peppermint, tea tree oil, lavender, and geranium oil, this formula ensures that your child does not get head lice at daycare or school. The nice thing is that the company has soaked this gel with other vitamins, minerals and moisturizers such as jojoba, aloe, and chamomile to hydrate, condition and soothe your boy’s hair and skin.
With a light to medium hold and glossy finish, it will style your child’s hair and make it pointed or smooth for hours. Moreover, it leaves no stickiness or excess fat behind, resulting in a natural texture. And it smells great for both children and parents, even for those who are sensitive to strong odors.
Ultimately, parents love this product because it is extremely child-friendly and effective. As gluten, soy, dairy and nut-free recipe that does not use parabens, sulfates, harsh chemicals or toxins, this hair styling gel are one of the top-rated products on the market.
- It is clinically proven to help prevent lice and is gentle enough for daily care for children and adults
- Free from parabens, sulfates, harsh chemicals and toxins. Gluten, soy, dairy, and nut-free
- Own blend of organic rosemary, citronella, peppermint, lavender, tea tree, and geranium oil helps prevent lice
Customer Reviews17,228 Reviews
Love this it has helped grandaughter s hair very pleased with it will order again
Hip Peas is another renowned brand dedicated to developing safe, all-natural styling products for children. Although technically not a gel, this balm works for all hair types. And because it’s a water-soluble, plant-based formula, it’s vegan and hypoallergenic, making it the best baby hair gel.
Made in the US, this balm has a medium hold. Mothers can use this hair gel to style spiky, messy hairstyles, as well as a faux hawk and combs. Parents love this product because it stays smooth as a pomade, appears tight, does not stick and produces no flakes or dried hair. Given the quality of the organic ingredients and solid performance, Hip Peas Hair Styling Balm offers excellent value and versatility.
- ALL AGES: Hip Peas Hair Styling Balm is a SAFE and SOFT pomade/styling wax that adds LIGHT HOLD and TEXTURE and is perfect for all hair types. Great for baby, toddler, children and adult hair. Our NATURAL formula on a botanical basis tames even the most stubborn locks.
- CLINICALLY TESTED: Hair balm with hip peas has been tested to ensure that it is safe and effective for children of all ages. Our natural plant-based formula is HYPOALLERGENIC, soluble in water and contains no parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals or sulfates.
- MADE IN THE USA: Produced locally in Irving, Texas using the best ORGANIC and NATURAL ingredients we could find, such as ORGANIC aloe leaf, lavender, comfrey, and blueberry.
Customer Reviews1,793 Reviews
It keeps my sons curls tight. His hair usually goes flat after wearing a hat but when i use this i just have to run my fingers in his hair and its back to curly. I love this.
Original Sprout has a solid reputation as good hair care and styling product. Especially an anti-frizzy hair gel with a light to medium hold, this option works well for styles that need structured, natural-looking hair. From a long comb to a messy bed head to a long haircut, this gel will style your boy’s hairdo beautifully.
It also helps that this natural hair gel is hypoallergenic, with no ingredients for soy, strawberry, gluten or peanuts or dairy products. Babies and young boys with sensitive skin can use this product to hydrate, care for and soften their hair and scalp.
Customer Reviews424 Reviews
Very nice. Not sticky like other products. Brushes out without leaving residue.
SoCozy Styling Foam has been dermatologically tested and developed for babies and children with a sensitive scalp. The brand’s own mix is hypoallergenic and made without parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, phthalates, artificial colors, gluten, wheat or nuts. Instead, the formula works as an intense moisturizer and conditioner to restore normal sebum production and restore the correct pH balance.
If that wasn’t enough, the product will eventually stop drying and flaking. it is inflammation and itching and makes your boy’s hair soft and supple. Soft but powerful, the natural hold is ideal for a cute comb-over, tousled top or naturally curly hairstyle.
Although you cannot style your baby boy’s hair in a mohawk or pointed style, the benefits of a healthy scalp far outweigh all other aesthetic factors.
As one of the best baby hair products currently available on the market, you can’t go wrong with SoCozy.
- Infused with its own ingredient mix, it adds softness and resilience without the added build-up that causes flaking, dryness, inflammation or itching.
- Specially formulated for children with a sensitive scalp and safe enough for daily use
- Rose Bay Extract: delivers intense moisture and creates a healthy scalp environment by normalizing the sebum production, optimizing the pH and restoring the moisture balance
Customer Reviews1,459 Reviews
I love this stuff! My 6 month old son's hair got too long to leave it, but I wasn't quite ready to cut it. A little water and this foam is absolutely perfect for styling his hair! A little goes a long way and it holds on all day, but still brushes nicely and does not require daily washing to get it out of his hair. this on him daily and it has not caused any problems on his sensitive skin!
Shea Moisture is really a brand that uses only the highest quality ingredients. As one of the best care products for children, it not only moisturizes, nourishes and nourishes hair with organic shea butter, coconut oil and hibiscus flower extracts, it also helps shape and define hairstyles for a clean finish. Shea Moisture may not have the average or strong grasp of these other products, but if you have a baby boy with curly hair and want to define resilient curls, this is the right choice for you!
Great for little boys with unmanageably thick, wavy and curly hair, spray it on to remove tangles, eliminate frizz, repair dull strands and let go of a beautiful, shiny look. Moreover, natural ingredients make it safe for your child’s hair and scalp. For best results apply to towel-dried hair.
If you are not yet ready to style your toddler’s hair in a structured look and want him to keep his cute baby-friendliness and innocence a bit longer, then this product fits perfectly.
- FRIZZ FIGHT AGAINST DETANGLER (Natural elements such as coconut, hibiscus, smooth elm, and marshmallow extract Remove tangles and give locks Brilliant shine and definition
- HEALTHY GROWTH AND APPEARANCE (Sulfate-free formulas integrate organic ingredients where possible ideal for curly, straight, thick or thin hair types
- RESTORATIVE DETANGLER (Give wet locks and extra control without the weight of other oily, greasy products. Let this natural coconut hibiscus and smooth elm do the work, let nature style it
Customer Reviews3,259 Reviews
Was looking everywhere for this hair spray for my daughter as they always seem to run out in my local shops so was relieved when I saw they did it for a decent price here on Amazon. My daughter has quite frizzy hair, this spray deals with the frizz without getting to oily.
Bonsai Kids offers a mother-approved styling solution with a strong grip. As a gel that lasts all day, but still offers the flexibility needed to style different styles, the brand’s Power Hair Gel product works nicely on wet and dry hair.
Dry your child’s hair after a bath or wet it in the morning with water, and with this non-alcoholic formula, you can scratch, define, nail and smooth all hair types without flakes or residues.
From toddlers to little boys, kids love this hair gel because it contains curly and thick hair and smells great.
If your child needs a strong styling product for his unmanageable, hard-to-manage locks, buy a bottle of Bonsai Kids Hair Gel.
- Strong grip but flexible for styling Gentle formula for all children and the child for all adults
- Alcohol-free and the color green for harmony and growth.
- Fits easily on wet and dry hair.
Customer Reviews37 Reviews
Nice product my baby hair is very hard to any hair gel to hold but it did it’s job.
Suavecito Pomade is probably the most popular pomade for men but can work just as well for small boys as young teenagers. First, Suavecito is the best water-based pomade and a number of factors contribute to and support this statement.
View the brand reviews on Amazon to hear what other customers think.
First of all, this hair pomade is available in both medium and strong hairstyles, allowing you to style a variety of simple and complex hairstyles such as the smooth back, side section, pompadour, comb over, faux hawk or crest.
If you manage to style it, this pomade will hold it in place and give it a beautiful, natural shine. The moderate shine guarantees a healthy amount of shine that does not look artificial or fake.
Moreover, Suavecito products can easily be washed out during the day or even restyled. The water-based formula ensures that your boy does not experience any irritation or has problems flushing the product.
- Hold. This is a great pomade for hairstyles such as pompadours, smooth backs, and side parts. Every hairstyle can be achieved with this pomade! If it is easier to manage your hair, check out our medium hold Original Hold Pomade.
- WATER SOLUBLE. This pomade is easy to wash out with just water and no special shampoo or soap is needed. Do not leave the hair greasy or stained after washing. After a quick rinse, leave the hair feeling healthy and clean. No harsh chemicals to dry out the hair or damage the scalp.
- COMBS WITH EASE. Style your hair without frustration. Suavecito Pomade Firme (Strong) Hold combs easily and offer a firm grip for maximum styling flexibility and less nasty mess.
Customer Reviews8,211 Reviews
Great products, delivered quickly and at a great price! Thanks
American Crew is a well-known care brand for boys and men. Although not specifically designed or formulated for baby boys, this forming cream can be an excellent styling product for little boys with great, cool hairstyles. If your child grows up and wants to style more adult cuts, such as a faux hawk, wave back, comb over fading or a crest, this cream will help him shape and shape his hair in the styles he wants.
With a medium hold for a combination of strength and suppleness and medium shine for some shine, American Crew Forming Cream offers a versatile option for most hairstyles and hair types.
- Style any hair type, texture or length with this versatile cream
- Offers medium control with pliable fixation and natural shine
- Hydrates and conditions while locking in style for a good look all day long
Customer Reviews9,534 Reviews
I've used the American Crew Fiber and Pomade. This product, the "Forming Cream" I would describe as the middle, the perfect balance.My hair is thick, somewhat coarse, yet soft. I wear my hair short, almost like a buzz and usually let it grow longer so that I can comb it over (by longer I'm talking 4-5 inches on the top, sometimes more).What I didn't like about Fiber is that it can be too clay like and usually made my hair too stiff. I found fiber to work best the shorter my hair was, but even then it ...
Hair Gel VS Pomade VS Cream
Gel VS. Pomade
Like gel, pomade offers a firm grip that is stronger than many other styling products, and many of today’s best brands are water-based to create a lightweight, soft texture that is easy to wash out.
Some pomades are oil-based and offer a more firm hold than water-based products, as well as a higher gloss. But, as you would expect, oil-based pomades are harder to wash out and not so easy to restyle during the day.
Pomades are useful for achieving a variety of popular styles, including the pompadour, quiff, and lean back. However, some pomades have a more matte finish, which usually works better for hairstyles worn in professional environments. Anyway, pomades have different positions.
Gel VS. Cream
Cream differs from gel and pomade in that it offers a low hold without so much stiffness or greasiness. Hair cream has a medium shine that many believe is more natural than other styling products.
A cream is a good option for men with thinner or fine hair who don’t want to use pomade or wax. It is lightweight, so it can feel like you are not wearing a product at all. Creams also vary in texture somewhere between lightweight lotions and those with a waxy consistency.
Styling Your Boy’s Hair
Learning how to style your boy’s hair can be a challenge for mothers. Your first instinct is to be super gentle and not to use too much product.
Whether you want to gel your little boy’s hair, style bed heads or tame baby hair without a hair spray, here is a step-by-step guide for styling the best hairstyles for toddler boys.
- Start with towel-dried hair. If you wash your children at night and struggle with a messy head, apply water and dry gently, most hair products go best with slightly damp hair.
- Depending on how short, long or thick your toddler’s hair is, make a nickel-high amount of your favorite styling product, rub your hands and fingers together to warm it up and spread it.
- Apply the hair product to his hair. Look ahead with your child, start with the front, put your hands and fingers through his hair, make sure you cover all parts, from root to tip, for maximum control.
- Start styling the hair now. You may want to use a brush or comb for a neat, tight haircut, otherwise, your fingers are better for a textured finish.
- Finally, you can repair loose hair or minimize frizz with more products in specific areas. A little hair spray or a hairdryer on low heat can provide extra support for the final look.
With so many stylish hairstyles for baby boys, choosing your favorite can be a challenge.
Fortunately, your toddler’s hair is constantly growing, giving you the chance to experiment with the best hairstyles and choose the best hair gel for boys.
As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions.
Do you have a favorite hair gel? If so, why do you like it? Have you tried one of the gels on our list? We would love to hear from you.