This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Best breath mints are an affordable and fast-acting method to deal with your bad breath head-on.
Nobody likes bad breath. It is as simple as that. No friends, family, colleagues, interviewers, or even partners want to start a conversation with you and get a face full of your last meal, cigarette, coffee, or that all-day steel session.
Even if you track brushing and flossing, while chewing gum stimulates more saliva and helps prevent tooth decay and freshening up, the situation sometimes calls for something more discreet. (Taste chewing gum to choke the bad breath during a meeting? Yes, you shouldn’t.)
Peppermint works fast and essentially serves as a cover for the more negative smells emanating from your mouth come.
But, besides a simple taste preference:
- How do we choose one that is effective at eliminating bad breath?
- How do the mints taste?
- Do I want to chew or suck my mints?
- How many are in each package?
Our best mints for bad breath Guide provides all the answers!
Table Of Contents
- The Best Mints for Bad Breath (Quick Summary)
- Things to Consider When Buying Mints for Bad Breath
- 10 Best Breath Mints Of 2022
- 1. Ice Breakers Sugar-Free Mints, Coolmint
- 2. Simply Gum Natural Breath Mints
- 3. Listerine Cool Mint Pocketpaks Breath Strips
- 4. Altoids Smalls Peppermint Breath Mints
- 5. Tic Tac Fresh Breath Mints
- 6. Breath Savers Sugar-Free Mints
- 7. Mentos Chewy Mint Candy Roll
- 8. Newman’s Organic Mints
- 9. Oral Health Xylimelts Mints
- 10. Pur 100% Xylitol Breath Mints
The Best Mints for Bad Breath (Quick Summary)
|Ice Breakers Sugar-Free Mints, Coolmint|
5 out of 5
|Simply Gum Natural Breath Mints|
4.5 out of 5
|Listerine Cool Mint Pocketpaks Breath Strips|
5 out of 5
|Altoids Smalls Peppermint Breath Mints|
5 out of 5
|Tic Tac Fresh Breath Mints|
5 out of 5
|Breath Savers Sugar-Free Mints|
4.5 out of 5
|Mentos Chewy Mint Candy Roll|
5 out of 5
|Newman's Organic Mints|
4.5 out of 5
|Oral Health Xylimelts Mints|
4.5 out of 5
|Pur 100% Xylitol Breath Mints|
4.5 out of 5
Things to Consider When Buying Mints for Bad Breath
While the best breath mints are listed below, let’s go through a few essential things to make sure you choose the best bad breath mint.
Almost all taste great thanks to the breath mint and natural breath fresheners manufacturers. And most are made in a variety of natural flavors, from peppermint or spearmint to evergreen and cinnamon.
Some of the more interesting ones even come with many flavors that change over time.
There are many different refreshing natural flavors available.
2. How Long Do They Last
Of course, the best mints should last a reasonable amount of time before you have to put another one in your mouth and start chewing.
The majority mask bad breath for a few minutes to half an hour, but not much longer.
For mints that expire quickly, you will have to consume them more often, which means you will generally need to buy formants than if you were to buy a box of sustainable ones.
10 Best Breath Mints Of 2022
Breath mints work in two basic ways. They cover up the bad odor with a strong odor of their own, and they cause our mouth to produce more saliva, which helps flush out some
Below are 10 of the best mints out there. Whether you want them to cover up that sometimes you forget to brush in the morning or hide your breath after smoking cigarettes, there’s a mint for every need.
1. Ice Breakers Sugar-Free Mints, Coolmint
View On AmazonThese classic mints are sugar-free, so they shouldn’t sting your teeth or gums when you chew them.
They also have 30% fewer calories than many other mints, so they are a great choice if you’re trying to control your waistline.
The ice breakers mints are packed in a bulk container with eight more minor round closures in the box.
Each small round container snaps shut for careful storage in your car or pocket, which is most convenient.
Our testers found that the effects of these mints were sharp and lingered for several hours after the first use.
Any breath mint can adequately cover your breath for a few hours, although the cool mint and peppermint varieties are more effective than the cinnamon.
Still, choosing from a few flavors is a plus.
These mints are affordable, effective, and sugar-free.
There is almost nothing disappointing except the expiration date.
Buying so many mints at once will ensure that you won’t be using them all unless you pop several a day.
After expiration, these mints certainly taste slightly less than ideal.
Keep in mind if you only need help occasionally.
- Multiple flavors to choose from
- Good containers
- Great value for money
- It doesn’t taste nice afterward, the chance of spoilage is high
2. Simply Gum Natural Breath Mints
View On AmazonThe Simply Gum Natural Breath Mints are an all-natural option made from the highest quality ingredients. Cane sugar, peppermint oil, and calcium stearate combine for refreshing peppermint hits. Unlike many of our other picks for the best breath mints, these mints are vegan, kosher, non-GMO, and gluten and aspartame free. Each can contains 45 individual pieces and comes with a snap lid, a convenient way to grab your mints. Other flavor choices in the line include cinnamon and ginger.
- Assorted minty flavor alternatives
- Containers look great
- Will not dry out your breath
- Mints can break into the containers
3. Listerine Cool Mint Pocketpaks Breath Strips
View On AmazonListerine pocketpaks breath strips are usually associated with mouthwash, making this handy, excellent product, which consumers believe is currently the best breath mint. Instead of a tablet, it is shaped like small strips that you pull out of the package one by one and place on your tongue to dissolve (think small post-it notes).
The Listerine pocketpaks breath strips contain mouthwash. They serve as great natural breath fresheners, but they also have the American Dental Association seal of approval because the strips fight plaque and gingivitis, just like Listerine mouthwash.
The strip dissolves on your tongue in seconds, meaning it starts to work quickly and is very discreet in situations like presentations or meetings: chewing gum or using slower dissolving mints might not work. The sleek suit slips directly into your pocket, bag, or suitcase, but be careful not to leave it in the car as it will melt.
- Activates instantly
- Kills unfavorable breath germs
- Aids battles unfavorable breath in the extended-phrase
4. Altoids Smalls Peppermint Breath Mints
View On AmazonThese long-lasting peppermint mints are some of the most famous in the world.
Although they are sugar-free, the breath mints have a beefy flavor and are sharper than many of the other mints you can find at the supermarket checkout.
These strongest breath mints are so sharp that they can still irritate your teeth or gums even though their formula lacks sugar.
Still, these are incredibly effective at covering bad breath that you can easily smell, and their effect will last a few hours longer than many other mints on the market.
The mints come in stylish tins stacked on top of each other, all large enough to fit in the back pocket of your jeans or a pocket of your jacket.
Also, the tins on the inside come with a bit of preservative paper to ensure that the mints stay fresh and whole even after an extended shipment.
This helps keep the mints from breaking during transportation and remain on their expiration date without compromising their taste or refreshing properties.
- Successful taste
- Ultimate for a sensible sum of time
- Tins have preservative paper
- So sharp in taste that they sometimes hurt delicate teeth
5. Tic Tac Fresh Breath Mints
These Tic Tac Fresh Breath Mints are a quick and tasty way to catch your breath. Each of the 60 mints in each box provides a sweet, fun, and flavorful experience that can be a quick snack and natural breath freshener. The resealable flip-top box is also a handy way to take your mints. Plus, these famous treats have received five stars from over 90% of Amazon customers, and there’s a range of tasty flavor alternatives to choose from, including frosty mint and orange. Thanks to the wide variety of flavors and fast results, Tic Tacs are our pick of the best breath mints.
- Superb price range selection
- Tons of flavors to select from
- Great container dimension
- Don’t final for very lengthy
6. Breath Savers Sugar-Free Mints
View On AmazonThese strongest breath mints are made without sugar but still provide some of the freshest Wintergreen flavors our testers have enjoyed.
The fresh breath savers’ mints can combat bad breath without being as sharp as Altoids.
The Wintergreen taste is also delightful, even without the presence of natural sugar in the formula.
Each coin is shaped like a donut, allowing the coin to dissolve on your tongue faster.
These are fast-acting and long-lasting as the fresh effect of each coin should last 4 to 5 hours before you need to refresh it.
Each mint contains only five calories to make it better, so there is one of the best options for men trying to stay on a diet.
The fresh breath mints are packed in a roll, taking up little space.
This new packaging design has a weakness.
Opening the roll makes it a lot easier for the other breath mints to come out when you reach for another one.
We recommend keeping them away from you as the chances of accidentally spilling donut-shaped mints into your pocket are pretty high.
- Great form for quickly dissolving
- Excellent taste even without sugar
- It lasts for a lengthy time
- Packaging tears effortlessly
7. Mentos Chewy Mint Candy Roll
View On AmazonIf you’re looking for a chewy candy-like experience with your breath-fresh mints, these Mentos Chewy Mint Candy Rolls are definitely for you. Each roll contains 14 chewy mints sealed in paper and foil packaging, making it easy to remove one and reseal the package. And if you don’t need their minty freshness, you can enjoy these gluten-free candies in other flavors, including green apple, rainbow, and strawberry.
If you don’t like breath mints, go with the Tic Tacs or Ice Breakers below. However, if you like the refreshing, clean feeling that comes with chewing a mint after eating, this classic option from Mentos is for you.
- Activates instantaneously
- Kills unfavorable breath germs
- Assists fighting damaging breath in the extended term
8. Newman’s Organic Mints
View On AmazonThese Newman’s Organic fresh breath mints come in a handy and unique storage tin with animal decoration. They deliver a refreshing peppermint minty flavor and are completely free from artificial flavors, dyes, cholesterol, and lactose. Newman’s Own uses only organic sweeteners during production, which means these breath mints can be certified organic by the USDA. Plus, these tasty mints come in ginger, cinnamon, and wintergreen flavors for a bit of variety in your mint choice.
- Unique decorative can keeps peppermints fresh
- Refreshing peppermint flavor
- Certified USDA Organic
- No artificial flavors or dyes
- Cholesterol and lactose-free
9. Oral Health Xylimelts Mints
View On AmazonThe Oral health Xylimelts breath mints have been specially developed to provide relief from dry mouth and are intended to moisturize and lubricate the mouth so that you feel comfortable all day long. These mints help increase saliva and reduce the risk of tooth decay, which is exactly what to look for when buying different breath mints.
Formulated with a unique combination of all-natural ingredients, these breath mints are preservative-free and highly safe to use for you and your family. Suitable for both day and night, these fresh breath mints offer to neutralize acid levels and freshen breath to an exceptional standard.
- Most effectively rated by dentists
- Self-adhesive discs for use during sleep and the day
- Coats moisturize and lubricate
- Increases saliva and reduces sleep disturbances caused by dry mouth
- May reduce the risk of tooth decay. No preservatives
10. Pur 100% Xylitol Breath Mints
View On AmazonIf regular mint doesn’t make your boat particularly buoyant, you can try these PUR 100% Xylitol breath mints. Xylitol is a water-soluble chemical that fights germs against bad breath and is a common ingredient in mouthwash and mints. PUR has designed an excellent breath mint by combining Xylitol with bold flavors.
In addition to the traditional flavors of Arctic mint, spearmint, and peppermint, these well-reviewed mint varieties come in delicious mojito mint and mandarin tango. The sugar-free mints are also GMO-free and vegan and come in a handy resealable pouch that fits easily in pockets, backpacks, and drawers.
- MOJITO LIME MINT: These sugar-free fresh breath mints have a hint of cool, refreshing island flavor that fights the craving for a sweet tooth, fights a dry mouth, and freshens the breath. Comes in a resealable package.
- NATURALLY SWEET: With 100% xylitol, it’s safe to enjoy these diabetic mints without raising blood sugar, and they are made with high-quality ingredients without compromising on taste or quality.
- Health-conscious: Our chewing gum and breath mints are simple substitutes and healthy alternatives to regular chewing gum and mints that contain harmful chemicals. Peanut-. Without soy and nuts. No artificial sweeteners or flavors.
- FOR EVERYONE: PUR Vegan and Gluten-Free Chewing Gum and Mints are naturally sweetened with 100% xylitol, which helps reduce plaque buildup. Great for keto, whole 30’s, little or no sugar diets. Swiss-made and non-GMO.
- KICK ASPARTAME: PUR is committed to making simple substitutions to promote a healthy lifestyle without sacrificing taste or quality. Check out our aspartame-free chewing gum and mints in delicious flavors.
You can keep your mouth fresh and relaxed every time you have the best breath mints.
Check the ingredients of the product you want to buy. Make sure it is made from healthy and effective ingredients to deliver outstanding results.
If you suffer from a dry mouth that can lead to bad breath, you can get a peppermint product with natural saliva enhancers. Other breath mints specifically target the cause of your bad breath.
You can also go sugar-free to reduce bacteria buildup in your mouth.