In recent years, faster trimmers have been able to walk for an hour or longer due to advances in rechargeable batteries.
Many beard trimmers on the market also use knives that require very little maintenance – in general: look for self-grinding steel knives that do not require oil for every use.
You will also want to consider how, and where, you will use it.
Have you had the same beard for years and do you only need one single pony? Do you alternate between short and long styles and do you need a trimmer that offers a lot of variety?
Do you take your trimmer on a business trip or leave it in bathroom furniture?
Finally, what is your budget?
Regardless of how you have answered one of these questions, our choices have been addressed.
This post examines the best Wahl beard trimmer and for others who are nearby. We also discuss things to look for when buying a beard trimmer, the use of a trimmer and the difference between a beard trimmer and other trimming tools.
Table Of Contents
- Beard trimmer and hair clipper – Differences in use
- 10 Best Wahl Beard Trimmer Reviews Of 2019
- 1-Wahl Model 9818
- 2-PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD & HEAD TRIMMER SERIES 5100
- 3-Panasonic ER-GB80-S
- 4-BRIO BEARDSCAPE BEARD AND HAIR TRIMMER
- 5-Philips Norelco Multigroom MG3750
- 6- PANASONIC ER-GB40-S PRECISION HAIR AND BEARD TRIMMER
- 7-Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, Vacuum-Trimmer
- 8-Braun BT304 Beard Trimmer
- 9-Andis T-Outliner
- 10-PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD TRIMMER SERIES 3500
- Stubble trimmer vs beard trimmer Is there much difference?
- WHY WE CHOOSE FOR THESE TRIMMERS
Beard trimmer and hair clipper – Differences in use
I already have a hair clipper at home – can’t I just use it?
You can make a kind of … hair clippers and beard trimmers look alike, but the specialist models are designed for two different purposes.
Beard trimmers have thinner blades and are designed to work with shorter hair and do the fine detail needed to form the perfect beard. For comparison: hair clippers have thicker blades that are used to cut longer and thicker hair, usually in combination with attachments that are much larger than those that sometimes come with a trimmer. Hair clipper simply cannot trim the close range required for most beards. You need a beard trimmer for that.
However, do not pull the hair clipper that you already have. If you’ve grown your beard for a while and it’s time to prune the undergrowth, clippers are great for preparatory work before you pull out your beard trimmer to get the details right.
Let’s keep this discussion short and move on to the best 10 Best Wahl Beard Trimmer.
10 Best Wahl Beard Trimmer Reviews Of 2019
That said, finding the right trimmer to not actually perform this shave is a challenge. You want one that will last for years and still retain its charge, preferably with a lithium-ion battery.
The blades must be sharp – especially for morning efficiency – and the tools must be well in your hands without appearing cheap or getting clogged too quickly with the hair.
My last trimmer recently broke, so I decided to look at all the options on the market to find the best replacement. After researching more than 30 trimmers and testing ten large electronics brands and digital instigators, these ten were striking. And not just for simple things like the most power, or the strongest blades, or sufficient battery life, but because otherwise, it is a lot better than the rest. (Sorry)
1-Wahl Model 9818
Best all-around beard trimmer: Made in the United States, this beard trimmer is housed in a durable stainless steel housing and uses rechargeable Lithium-Ion 2.0 technology that allows hours of trimming with one load. Model 9818 comes with four attachments and 12 T-sheet guide combs to achieve different finishes.
The self-sharpening knives stay sharp during years of use and the guarantee is one of the longest in the world of beard trimmers. The best function, however? One minute of charging takes three minutes of trim time – perfect for callers everywhere.
2-PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD & HEAD TRIMMER SERIES 5100
Philips Norelco is a colossus in the men’s care industry and has existed for a long time. And it is true; big does not always mean better.
But Norelco has had more than its share of premium products, including the Series 5100 beard and head trimmer.
The 5100 is the best beard trimmer for men for many reasons, not least of which he has enough bells and whistles to make a cockpit jealous. However, they are not just for the show.
Regardless of the type of beard you want, you have treated the 5100 series.
It even has, on a shaver loaded with cool gadgets and attributes, a gadget which stands out from the rest differentiated, namely the Dynamic Beard Guide System.
this trimmer has 39 adjustable settings to refine your care routine. A rubber button adjusts the settings in increments of 0.5 mm from 0.5 mm to 20 mm.
The stainless steel blades are washable and convenient water drainage ensures quick cleaning after every use.
Although the battery lasts only an hour or an hour, an LED charge indicator on the handle indicates the power level so that you are not in the middle of a trim.
The attachments to the ER-GB80-S are designed for a shorter trim of the hair in the face, long beard styles and precise care of the body hair. Panasonic has also equipped the trimmer with a rubber handle that fits comfortably into larger hands.
4-BRIO BEARDSCAPE BEARD AND HAIR TRIMMER
The Brio BeardScape is one of the new trimmers on the market and has quickly gained a place in a field full of quality trimmers.
Whatever your beard needs – from maintaining an arty shade of 5 hours to adjusting a beard from a few months old – the BeardScape can handle it.
It is also a versatile trimmer that is good for trimming hair and for every manscaping project. There is just too much fun with this trimmer, including:
- One of the most important features is the ceramic knife, harder than stainless steel blades and offers less friction and heat than most other blades., quieter than most trimmers available today.
- It also contains a titanium rake with an accurately ground material that matches the ceramic blade.
- The BeardScape has different blade height adjustments and eight size protections. Again, you can perfect
- the stubbly beard or trim a beard that is in a glorious complete development.
- An extra-large Li-Ion battery gives you up to four hours’ running time with each load, which is very long compared to almost every other trimmer. Meanwhile, a full load lasts three hours.
- The BeardScape has settings with five speeds.
- It has a display unit that is easy to understand and that shows you the remaining life of the battery, includes an RPM display (ranging from 5,000 to 7,000) and a load meter that lets you know when the trimmer needs to be cleaned. It even lets you know when you need trimmer oil.
5-Philips Norelco Multigroom MG3750
This beard trimmer offers many functions for just $ 20. It comes with nine attachments, including hair protectors, beard protectors and precision trimmers for ear and nose hair.
It uses a lithium-ion battery that gives a respectable operating time of one hour, and the steel blades of the trimmer are self-sharpening and washable.
For those who like to use trimmers that are relatively easy to maintain, users do not have to oil the plates. But if money is not an option, go to the Multigroom 9000 (photo).
Although it’s $ 70 more than the MG3750, it comes with a lithium-ion battery that delivers a world-class operating time of six hours and an almost unmatched 10-year warranty.
6- PANASONIC ER-GB40-S PRECISION HAIR AND BEARD TRIMMER
Sometimes you need finesses, sometimes you need strength.
With the Panasonic ER-GB40-S, you get both.
You also strengthen your grooming kit with a beard and a trimmer that you can use anywhere and easily fit into travel bags and other luggage.
On the other hand, there is far too much fun with the Panasonic ER-GB40-S, including:
- The sharp stainless steel blades of the trimmer are at an angle of 45 degrees to create the optimum cutting edge. It is fast and powerful and you get fast and efficient facial hair trimming (and scalp hair). The trimmer comes with 3 blades and neatly cuts through even the thickest and densest hair.
- The knives also work quickly and get more hairs in a single stroke than with many other trimmers. You will spend less time in front of the mirror and still get a smooth shave.
- Another important feature of the ER-GB40-S is the fast-adjustable dial that offers 19 precise settings, which is useful when you trim your beard or hair, or for modeling, cutting and detailing areas such as your sideburns and mustache. The settings are from 1 mm to 10 mm, so you can easily find the length you need for each task.
- The ER-GB40-S is good for wet and dry use and completely waterproof. You can use it in the shower or above the sink, with shaving gel, lotions and foams, and thanks to the wireless option you can use it almost anywhere. We think it is the best wireless beard trimmer on the market.
7-Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, Vacuum-Trimmer
I have been shaving for three years with an older, more basic iteration of this beard trimmer; that someone’s inability to hold a load nowadays is the cause of this search. But the new one has two updates that have made it the best I’ve tried:
(1) a handy radial turntable that lets you easily choose lengths of 0.5 mm (and in increments of 0.5 mm), making it versatile to become; and (2) a vacuum suction function that collects the bulk of your shaved hair – according to the company as high as 90 percent, but who knows? I can only say that this is a godsend. Nobody likes to wipe the stubble of his (or his boyfriend) from the sink, and I am willing to tackle the somewhat clumsy hand feeling of this shaver to earn that reward.
8-Braun BT304 Beard Trimmer
Of all the products I tried, it was by far the least heavy, the easiest to use and the most versatile – with an integrated knife guide that felt solid, and the user could achieve dozens of different lengths by simply turning a knob.
It’s not the best shaver I’ve used in any way – it does not pull stubble or has a cool standard or does the most precise trimming, but I can imagine it would be handy for men who want to trim a trimmer for days a beard to trim, trim and otherwise perfect what is longer.
Unlike many of the others, you can flood the whole thing, making the blades cleaner, sharper, and better suited to any obsessive facial hair strategy.
If you need a precision trimmer to retouch your neck, beard, and mustache, this is a solid option. In the robust housing of a silent magnetic motor, carbon steel blades are used that have been in use for years.
With a weight of 11.5 grams, this trimmer is easy to use for long-term use.
The T-Outliner is ideal for dry shaving, but make sure that the blade is oiled before each use to ensure a good trim.
10-PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD TRIMMER SERIES 3500
There is nothing special about Norelco’s beard trimmer series 3500. It is also not overly expensive.
Make no mistake, but the Series 3500 is an excellent trimmer.
Whether you want to cut your beard, mustache or even your body, the 3500 delivers with a simple, compact size that exceeds the performance of much more expensive trimmers.
This is why we like it:
- You do not have to worry about finding the right length setting for your beard (or mustache). The Series 3500 has 20 precise settings – all from 1 /32nd of an inch to 13/32. It is also easily adjustable and easy to lock thanks to the trimmer’s zoom wheel.
- There is simply a lot of convenience in this device without having to place and replace many attachments. The settings make it easy to make stubble and help the Series 3500 rank as a beard trimmer for short beards.
- The self-sharpening titanium blades of the 3500 are unmatched. They cut the hair clean, efficiently and without skin irritation. They offer lasting sharpness and are ready to provide you with a clean shave when you need it.
- More about the leaves: they have round ends of the leaf, which helps to prevent skin irritation. The Series 3500 comes with a powerful battery, some reviewers say they can be charged wirelessly for up to 90 minutes (a full charge takes an hour). But the trimmer is good for both wireless and wireless use. A battery light indicates when the trimmer is being charged.
Stubble trimmer vs beard trimmer Is there much difference?
It is important to solve a problem first: a beard trimmer is not necessarily the same as a stubble knife. Most beard trimmers can make large stubble, but not all stubble teams can effectively trim long beards: and then some models are great for all purposes.
So understanding your requirements will help. Do you want to look like Ryan Gosling (big stubble), tame a much longer beard, or do you want the option for both?
Stubble – Everything is in the length!
What makes a stubble cutter different from a beard trimmer? Length settings. A stubble model should be able to trim your facial hair extremely short, as short as 0.3-0.5 mm (approximately 1/64 inch) for the 5-hour clock shadow look.
The longest setting you need depends on your preferences, but a maximum of 5 mm (approximately 1/5 inch) gives you sufficient flexibility when trimming and shaping large five or ten days of stubble.
If you really want short stubble, then you want to make sure that the clipper can mow safely without a comb. This does not produce the same smooth shave that you would get with a razor, but it can leave a layer of fine stubble without touching stubble. This is a great option for men with very sensitive skin or acne – the Philips one blade (listed below) works very well for sensitive skin.
Beards – Short and long
Because we have already discussed hair length, we will continue. Shorter beards require a trimmer that can be adjusted from 2-5 mm, you want to trim up to 10 mm for average beards, and lumberjacks must be able to hit 20 mm or more.
WHY WE CHOOSE FOR THESE TRIMMERS
There are plenty of reasons why the ten beard trimmers discussed above are on our Best Wahl Beard Trimmer. We have taken many factors into account: the versatility of each trimmer, the ease of use, the number of (useful) accessories, whether it was good for both wet and dry shaving and durability.
We also carefully consider the ratings of others, especially those of customers, as well as personal experiences.
The most important factor is of course how it did what it had to do, that is to say: trim your beard and touch other parts of your face. We also look at how much each product costs and, as with all our assessments, we want to cover a wide price range. Hopefully, it will help you choose a trimmer that will serve you for many years to come.
With that, we add another review. We are always happy with your feedback, whether it concerns the products mentioned here, a favorite product of you, or anything related to the care of men and beards. We would like to hear from you.