Have you found the best hydrating body wash or soap for your dry skin? If not, then you are in the right place.
We have sorted hundreds of products to see which washes at the highest level clean and moisturize without removing the natural oils.
The best hydrating body wash should clean your skin without drying it out – which is a delicate balance to hit.
After talking with ingredients by three dermatologists and testing 21 hot bodies cleanses on our skin, we found our top choices: products that are free of aggressive cleaning agents such as sodium lauryl sulfate but full of moisturizing creams and conditioners that foamed, bubbled and left we feel clean behind.
We also divided the best hydrating body wash for dry skin into categories. That’s because many people who fight against drought also have to offer sensitive, and mixed peel. Let’s see how the upper body washes.
Table Of Contents
- Top 5 Best Hydrating Body Wash (Quick Summary)
- How To Choose (and Use) The Best Body Wash For Dry, Sensitive Skin
- 20 Best Hydrating Body Wash On The Market
- 1-Puracy Natural Body Wash – Citrus and Sea Salt
- 2-Dove DermaSeries Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin
- 3-Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- 4-Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel
- 5-Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap
- 6-ApotheCARE Essentials The Nourisher Body Wash
- 7-Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
- 8-Le Petit Marseillais Extra Gentle Shower Cream Orange Blossom
- 9-REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash
- 10-Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel
- 11-Aveeno Positively Nourishing For Dry Skin
- 12-Bliss Lemon Sage Soapy Suds Body Wash
- 13-Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash
- 14-Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash
- 15-NIVEA Creme Moisture Moisturizing Body Wash
- 16-CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash
- 17-Beessential Natural Body Wash
- 18-Everyone 3-In-1 Soap, Lavender plus Aloe
- 19-Origins A Perfect World Creamy Body Cleanser with White Tea
- 20-Kiss My Face Fragrance-Free Shower Gel
- Dry Skin And Stop Itching And Cracking
- FAQ About Best Hydrating Body Wash
Top 5 Best Hydrating Body Wash (Quick Summary)
|Puracy Natural Body Wash, Citrus & Sea Salt, Bath & Shower Gel for Men and|
6,228 Customer Reviews
|Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash, for Dry Skin, 15.8 oz|
253 Customer Reviews
|Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types, Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, 16 Fl|
2,298 Customer Reviews
|Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel|
401 Customer Reviews
|Dr. Bronner’s - Pure-Castile Liquid Soap (Lavender, 16 ounce, 2-Pack) - Made with Organic Oils,|
765 Customer Reviews
How To Choose (and Use) The Best Body Wash For Dry, Sensitive Skin
- Go perfume-free: your body wash may smell like a tropical paradise, but that summery scent can destroy your winter skin. We suggest looking for detergents that are hypoallergenic and free from steroids, sulfates, fragrances, colorants, aluminum, phthalates, and parabens – all of which can easily irritate sensitive skin.
- Search for (sensitive) labels: according to With these words, washes usually are less drying. They often contain soothing and hydrating ingredients such as ceramides, hyaluronic acid, oils, oats, soy, and shea butter. They also usually have a creamy or milky consistency instead of a frothy foam.
- Washing, hydrating, repeating: to aggravate the current drought, you can soap and wash only under your arms, buttocks, or other visibly dirty or smelly areas. We don’t need it all over the body regularly, and Then it is crucial to hydrate directly from the shower. (Ideally, you want to use a thicker lotion, cream or ointment to seal off the moisture).
- When should you use it: you may think you should use a body wash every day, but you still need to consult the instructions. Some products are too intense and must be used once a week or a few days. Check that before you start using your body wash every time you take a shower.
- What other benefits does it offer: if you get a body wash that can repair dry and itchy skin, check for other related functions. The best of them provide treatment for different skin conditions. And if you can enjoy more benefits in one product, why not!
20 Best Hydrating Body Wash On The Market
Nobody likes dry skin, but unfortunately, this condition happens with many people. However, this can be avoided with proper care.
Not only strict hygiene is essential, but also the type of product that you can use. And the secret remains in the body wash.
If you choose the right one for you, you can forget about dry skin and discomfort.
This guide helps you find the best body wash for dry skin according to dermatologists and what you should keep in mind when you shop for it!
Puracy Natural Body Wash can do wonders for your skin for an amicable price, a sulfate-free product, and the manufacturer claims that it consists only of natural ingredients.
It uses the power of citrus and sea salt to soothe dry skin effectively. It has a plant-driven formula, which is an excellent alternative to the products that contain artificial colors, parabens, sulfates, triclosan, and alcohol.
This specific body wash makes it safe for any skin and very useful for dry skin. Even the scent of Puracy Natural Body wash is natural, which means it hasn’t changed with chemicals. Because the main ingredients of this body are coconut oil, citrus, and sea salt, you can count on great results.
The pink grapefruit scent is also a plus. It has a clean and refreshing scent that many people resemble the sea breeze.
The foam that it creates is very thick and meant to clean your skin every time you take a shower thoroughly. Another big advantage of this body wash is that it has been designed and tested by doctors who know exactly what dry skin needs. It can be used daily and is recommended for both men and women.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Designed for both men and women
- Made and tested by doctors
- Comes for a budget-friendly price
- Natural ingredients
- Customers with sensitive skin may develop allergic reactions
- Some users claim that they did not like the smell
This body wash is made for dehydrated skin and is also hypoallergenic. So if your skin is extra sensitive, you don’t have to worry about developing a reaction to it. It can be used daily by people with all types of skin.
Dove DermaSeries Body Wash is ten times more nutritious than a regular body wash. It is formulated with sunflower oil to create a skin barrier that retains moisture and glycerin, a humidifier, to draw water into the upper skin layers. Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, this body wash is also free of steroids, sulfates, fragrances, colorants, aluminum, phthalates, and parabens.
In addition to all these benefits, Dove DermaSeries has also been tested by dermatologists, so you are sure it is safe to use for such skin problems!
This product has no odor, and it is also soap-free, giving it its natural properties. It is made not to stick to the skin, and you can easily rinse it off before you end your shower. This product can also be used daily, so don’t worry about using it too much.
- Budget-friendly price
- Hypoallergenic body wash
- Tested by dermatologists
- Intended for daily use
- Not sticky
- It may not add enough moisture to the skin
- Some users claim it is too thick
Make sure your skin has remained hydrated and hydrated with this Cetaphil body cleanser! It will cleanse your skin efficiently, and it is easy to rinse your body without leaving it oily.
This body wash comes with an award-winning and non-irritating formula that makes it perfect for people with sensitive skin. It is non-foaming and does not strip the skin’s natural moisture, while effectively providing a protective barrier against external factors that cause dehydration.
You can use it not only for the body but also for the face. Many women use it as a makeup remover. It has ingredients that don’t clog pores, so this is great for getting rid of acne.
This product may not be the most budget-friendly, but it is one of the best body wash for dry skin to try! And it is not only suitable for people with dry skin. Cetaphil works excellent for skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, or eczema.
Also, it can be used for children, teenagers, and adults and meets the needs of both men and women. With such great features, this body wash can be an asset to your entire family. It is intended by Galderma Laboratories and tested by dermatologists. So the benefits of this body wash are undoubted!
- Equally suitable for children and adults
- Both men and women can use it
- It can repair skin conditions other than dry skin
- Pleasant odor
- Tested by dermatologists
- Not a budget-friendly product
- It can cause mild irritations on sensitive skin
Regarding high-quality body wash, Sol de Janeiro Brazilian makes it challenging to compete with. It is not the cheapest product on the market, but it offers many benefits for people with dry and itchy skin.
The main ingredient on which this body wash is based is Acai oil. This type of oil keeps your skin moist and healthy for a long time. It is also an antioxidant and contains a fresh, natural fruity scent.
Other ingredients that can be found in this body wash are coconut oil, Cupuacu butter, and shea butter.
These complete ingredients make Sol de Janeiro Body wash suitable for all skin types, even when it is aimed at the dry and itchy type. Caramel odor. Brazilian 4 Play nourishes dull, dry skin with cupuaçu butter, coconut oil, and acai and is so rich that it can double as shaving cream. Enthusiasts love how long the scent lingers after drying.
Your skin will be hydrated, healed, and left with a wonderful and natural perfume from the first time you use this product.
- Only natural ingredients
- Recommended for dry skin but suitable for all skin types
- Natural fruity scent
- Positive results after first use
- Suitable for daily use
- Not a budget-friendly product
- Some users claim that it does not contain foam enough
Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile can also be used as a liquid soap or shower gel thanks to the high-quality ingredients! And if you like lavender, you will love this body wash. It has a natural lavender scent that makes your whole skin smell fresh and beautiful, and it also has a calming effect on your mind.
This product is not only one of the best body wash for dry skin, but it is also made from vegan and organic ingredients! The main components are hemp, coconut oil, and olive oil, all known for the great benefits they have for all skin types.
Even more, you can use Bronner anywhere in your body, including your hair.
The USDA certifies this product as one of the best organic products on the market. And even if the price is not the cheapest, it is an investment that is worth making for your skin!
- Organic and vegan ingredients
- No artificial scent
- Can be used evenly on your skin and hair
- Suitable for all skin types
- USDA certified
If you are looking for the best combination of a high-quality body wash and a reasonable price, ApotheCARE Essentials body wash might be the best hydrating body wash for you.
In addition to the fact that this product is supplied for an amicable price, it also has all the benefits that your skin needs!
This body wash adds the required moisture level to your body but also cleans it efficiently.
The body wash of ApotheCARE contains vanilla extract, natural argan oil, pressed almonds, and other ingredients that only work against your dry and itchy skin.
It is the best solution for women with skin problems, and with daily use, it has long-lasting benefits. It is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and dye-free, so it has no side effects on your skin. Even if this body wash is specifically intended for extra dry skin, it is suitable for all skin types.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Without parabens and sulfate
- Contains no artificial coloring
- Recommended for dehydrated skin
- Easy to use daily
- Only intended for women
- It can have a strong odor
Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash will not only heal your dry skin but will also cleanse and keep it hydrated. For a very budget-friendly price, you get an efficient formula to treat your skin problems.
With the soap-free formula of this body wash, it can gently cleanse the skin without irritation. It is also free from dyes and odors. Moreover, it is even recommended by dermatologists.
This body wash is rich in Omega oils that are nicely absorbed into the skin and do not leave any oily residue during rinsing. It is free from artificial fragrances, dye, and soap-free and does not irritate your skin at all.
This body wash is also supported by dermatologists thanks to the benefits and efficiency.
In addition to dry and itchy skin, Eucerin body wash is suitable for all skin types, so that you can use it to prevent certain conditions instead of treating them. The foam that it creates is soft and mild, so you won’t find any inconveniences because you use this body wash daily.
Some people may complain about the strange odor that comes from the body wash. However, you should not worry because this is probably due to the vitamin E used in the product.
- Budget-friendly product
- Odor and dye-free
- It contains no soap
- Approved by dermatologists
- Safe to use for all skin types
- Some users claim it has a disturbing odor
- It cannot produce enough foam
If you are not trying to tackle a specific skin problem, and you want a body wash that leaves the skin clean and not too dry, one of our best choices is fair. It all comes down to your fragrance and structure preferences.
That said, our favorite was Le Petit Marseillais Orange Blossom Extra Gentle Shower Cream, a cheap drugstore option that blew us off during testing. We had never heard of the brand and understood that it was only available in the US in 2017.
Despite the French name, it is owned by the American parent company Johnson, Johnson, of baby shampoos.
- 13.5-fluid ounce, Le Petit Marseillais, Extra Soft Shower Creme, with Orange Blossoms, is designed to cleanse and nourish the skin and gently
- Of the #1 body wash brand in France, and with the unique formula of this moisturizing shower cream lathers into a light-weight and easy-to-rinse foam, which is soft, moisturizes your skin and leaves it feeling soft and fresh
- This gentle body wash is made up of a sun-kissed, white and orange flowers are harvested in the Mediterranean
- Transport yourself to the French countryside and the sweet and delicate floral fragrance, this nourishing body wash and experience the skin feeling soft and moisturized
- Pamper yourself and delight the senses with this hydrating shower cream is made with a gentle, pH neutral, paraben, and phthalate-free formula is suitable for daily use
For a more luxurious option, we recommend REN Moroccan Rose Otto body wash. In a sea of artificial fragrances, the floral aroma of RENs reminds us of high-end perfume: complex, feminine, and not overly sweet. (I usually do not like products with a rose scent,) said a tester (but this smells like roses.) REN comes from the smell of a combination of natural scent plus oils of damask, geranium, and lemongrass.
REN packaging is just as well made. You get a slim, cylindrical bottle with a pink and silver color scheme and a small pump tip. The body wash is closer to oil than gel; it is on the running side and produces less foam than the thick, creamy formula of Le Petit. If you want to zoom in, this is the biggest drawback of RENs.
But it has a soft, luxurious texture that makes our skin feel soft and clean, with glycerin and panthenol as moisturizers. For $ 27 for 6.8 grams, you should know that this is one of the most expensive body washes we have tested.
- The Rose scented body wash
- It is formulated with Moroccan Rose Otto oil
- For all skin types
Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel is our choice for a more masculine scent. This product has passed our ingredient batches with flying colors, including glycerin and castor oil as moisturizing creams, plus citric acid to excrete dead skin cells. We tested the Cedarwood formula with juniper berries and rosemary oil to create a woody/musky fragrance that was popular with both male and female testers. The product comes as a thick, clear gel that some testers found a bit drier than formulas based on oils or creams, such as Le Petit or REN. A large 16.9-ounce bottle is on sale for about $ 6.
- 2 Pieces, 16.9-Ounce (499ml)
- A Deep cleaning To Remove dirt And Grime,
- Coconut-Derived Surfactants Cleanse,
- It Helps the Skin to Retain Moisture
Aveeno’s Positively Nourishing body wash is based on glycerine, shea butter, and fig extract to soothe and hydrate the dried skin. Customers report that it smells delicious and that their skin feels smooth and supple after bathing.
- A 16-fluid-ounce bottle of Aveeno Positively Nourishing Hydrating Body Wash with Fig and Shea Butter is designed to cleanse and moisturize, and smooth, healthy-looking skin
- It is the unique formula is enriched with natural fig, and it is made from shea butter, a natural ingredient known for its moisturizing properties
- The creamy body wash is ideal for everyday use and has a fresh scent, designed to leave skin smelling great long after you shower
- Experience dry skin relief with this nourishing, and hydrating scented body wash. Follow up with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion to lock in moisture for 24 hours.
- The dermatologist-recommended skincare brand for over 65 years, Aveeno makes use of the goodness of human nature and the power of science to make your skin look healthy and feel better.
Fans of the Bliss Lemon and Sage body wash love the spicy citrus scent. It is full of glycerin and aloe to hydrate the skin, while the dirt rusts away. Also, it contains no sulfates, one of the most drying ingredients in soap.
- It HYDRATES, CALMS, and SOOTHES with aloe vera extract and glycerin to draw moisture to the skin to help retain and enhance hydration
- FOAMING BODY WASH CLEANS and CONDITIONS works in a silky lather, leaving the skin soft and smooth
- EXTREMELY AROMATIC, with our original iconic citrus-Lemon and Sage fragrance is a refreshing
- It is 100% VEGAN, PETA-certified, cruelty-free, which makes your skin and furry friends
Our best choice for combating acne is the Body Clear Body Wash from Neutrogena. You probably went to the pharmacy here: it contains the orange-yellow gel of Neutrogena, which has a thick, slightly viscous texture that some testers found a little unpleasant.
But it collects in a good foam with lots of bubbles and has a mild, clean smell that reminds us of fresh wax. Neutrogena was also strongly recommended by Dr. Lortscher, who suggested to try a salicylic acid-based product first if you fight acne.
- A refreshing, clean-rinsing body wash helps fight breakouts on your back, chest, and shoulders
- That Contains salicylic acid to treat and help prevent breakouts without overdrying and irritating your skin
- Foaming soap washes thoroughly and without leaving any pore-clogging residue behind
Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash, with glycolic acid instead of salicylic acid, is an excellent high-end option. Be warned that it costs $ 32 for a 6.7-ounce bottle, but Dr. Green highly praised it. Although Glytone is marketed for dry, cracked skin, glycolic acid works incredibly for people with acne in the body, she told us.
We were not wild about the smell, which reminded us of baby powder, but if you have not had much luck with salicylic acid, it is worthwhile to change your routine to see if your skin reacts better to another active ingredient. The gel has left a smooth film on our skin, but we felt that this was highly preferable to Murad Acne Body Wash, which had a rough, grainy texture and gave us a grubby and itchy feeling.
Nivea’s Crƒ¨me Moisture body wash contains many of the same ingredients found in their classic thick cream. As a result, this product calms the dried skin and protects it. If you are someone who forgets to hydrate after a shower, this body wash is the best choice.
- The packaging May Vary
- CARE for Dry Skin
- Hydrating ingredients of the classic NIVEA creme
- Gently cleanses and cares for the skin with a rich lather, leaving skin moisturized long after the shower
- That Contains pro-vitamin B5 and the same caring moisturizers as proven-and-trusted NIVEA creme
The ingredient list is free from irritants such as dyes and fragrances, and this brand was also strongly recommended by Dr. Ir. Green, indicating that even if you do not have sensitive skin, it is a great option because it is so soft and moisturizing. A 10-ounce bottle is on sale for about $ 10.
- [ CLEAN WITHOUT DISTURBING the SKINS NATURAL BARRIER,] Cleaning and moisturizing, while ceramides help to restore the protective skin barrier
- [ the ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] is Formulated with three key ingredients: ceramides (1, 3, and 6-II), which will help to restore and maintain the natural protective barrier of
- [ FOAMY LATHER ] a Foaming action to gently refresh and cleanse
- [ NO-NASTIES ] is Free of parabens and sulfates
- [ the NEA SEAL OF ACCEPTANCE ] To be accepted by the National Eczema Association
When we started looking for dry skin, we knew we wanted as many moisturizing ingredients as we could find. Our top choice, Beessential Lavender with Bergamot Moisturizing Body Wash, is packed with it.
The first five ingredients on the list (after water) are coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil, vegetable glycerin, and aloe, moisturizing creams that were highly recommended by our dermatologists.
Because there are only 11 ingredients, most of what you get in Beessential are moisturizers. The formula also contains honey, a power plant whose studies have shown that it does everything from the slow formation of wrinkles too – you guessed it – moisturize. We also liked that Beessential is made in small batches on a family farm in Ohio.
The honey in the body wash comes from beehives on the farm.
- Bathe in a fragrant sea of calming Lavender and Bergamot
- , Natural Shower Gel, for Sensitive Skin,
- Is Made in small batches with moisturizing Coconut, Olive and Hemp oil, while the Aloe vera and Honey soothe the skin
- Moisturizing, soft, Vegetable Glycerin all Natural Ingredients, Paraben-Free, SLS-Free, GMO-free, Gluten-Free, Alcohol-free, PEG-free, never tested on animals and Made in the USA. A Beekeeper Made. A beekeeper will be approved.
Everyone Soap with lavender and aloe is versatile because you can use it as shampoo and shaving foam. It uses cocoa sulfate to create a soft foam. And it does not contain SLS, artificial fragrances, or parabens.
- Holds 2 32 Fl Oz bottles
- Pure and natural-gentle enough for the whole family
- Soft and fragrant with ingredients and essential oils that are pure, natural and organic, for the informed, practical, value-conscious consumer is
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, polysorbate free, disodium EDTA free, gluten-free, non-GMO verified, sodium Laureth/lauryl sulfate-free,
- Pure essential oils nurture and soothe the skin. Gentle cleansers nourish skin, while the lavender pure essential oil is calming to the senses
The only reason we relegated Origins as second-rate was the design of the tube. It stands upright on a drop-down cap, and if you shower regularly, you know what it feels like to open this kind of lid to flatten off with a bit of cold, old water (and possibly mold).
Otherwise, testers found it great. Origins have a light, astringent odor that comes naturally through ingredients such as extract of white tea leaves and rose blossom water. If you are looking for something more exciting than CeraVe but still free from synthetic perfumes, then Origins is the perfect compromise. It comes in a pearly white cream that foams in a thick, dense foam. Be warned that it is on the expensive side, for $ 31 for 6.7 ounces.
The Kiss My Face shower gel contains natural moisturizers such as aloe and olive oil plus vitamin E. It leaves the skin supple and soft. Also, the vegan formula foams dirt and excess oil without the need for sulfates, artificial fragrances, or parabens.
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin with a scent-nationally rich lather with this Aromatherapeutic, Vegan, and cruelty-free formula, blended with plant-based cleansers.
- Olive oil, Aloe vera and Vitamin E infused formula, which is SLS and Paraben-Free.
- It is a fragrance-free bath and body wash that will leave your skin hydrated and soft. Economically-friendly 32-oz. The bottle of wine.
Dry Skin And Stop Itching And Cracking
As anyone who lives in a dry environment knows, it is essential to use a moisturizer. The drier your skin, the creamier and thicker a lotion you need. But there is more than you can do to protect yourself from dry skin.
In The Shower And In The Bath
Strangely enough, washing with plain water can dry your skin faster than with soap. That is why it is smart to use a body wash that is designed to ensure dry skin.
The first step is to decide whether a bath or shower is the most advantageous for you. For example, if you have psoriasis, an immersion of 15 minutes in warm water can soften the scale to be removed. On the other hand, a bath can irritate acne-prone skin.
Keep the bathroom damp during washing by closing doors and windows. Do not use hot water because it can remove moisture from the skin.
When you’re done, dry your skin dry; do not scrub with the towel. Although exfoliation is useful for removing the upper layer of the dead skin, do not use abrasives.
Use alpha or beta hydroxy acids once a week to exfoliate chemically. This can mean using a body wash with these ingredients or even a moisturizing cream.
Then the next step is to apply moisturizer. If you have particularly problematic areas, such as your elbows or heels, try the following.
FAQ About Best Hydrating Body Wash
The market has a lot to offer about body wash products that can make the decision overwhelming. Many manufacturers claim to have made the perfect body wash that can moisten dry skin! As a general rule, it is essential to know your skin type before you purchase the product you need. You may want to look for products that clean and moisturize your skin while washing and not just products that are marked as beautiful. The most important trick is to read the ingredients. The best moisturizing washes for dry skin probably contain Aloe Vera, glycerin, natural oils, and herbal ingredients. Several reasons can lead to dry skin. Rough soap or body cleansing, excessive use of heavy makeup, itchy clothing, etc. are the leading causes of dry skin. However, medical conditions such as psoriasis, hypothyroidism, diabetes, and even hormonal imbalance can also cause the skin to dry out. Few people also have dry skin because of their heredity. Here are a few handy tips you can follow to soothe your dry skin:
What makes a body wash great for dry skin?
What are the causes of dry skin?
How to get rid of dry skin?
The market has a lot to offer about body wash products that can make the decision overwhelming. Many manufacturers claim to have made the perfect body wash that can moisten dry skin! As a general rule, it is essential to know your skin type before you purchase the product you need. You may want to look for products that clean and moisturize your skin while washing and not just products that are marked as beautiful. The most important trick is to read the ingredients. The best moisturizing washes for dry skin probably contain Aloe Vera, glycerin, natural oils, and herbal ingredients.
Several reasons can lead to dry skin. Rough soap or body cleansing, excessive use of heavy makeup, itchy clothing, etc. are the leading causes of dry skin. However, medical conditions such as psoriasis, hypothyroidism, diabetes, and even hormonal imbalance can also cause the skin to dry out. Few people also have dry skin because of their heredity.
Here are a few handy tips you can follow to soothe your dry skin:
We hope you found the Best hydrating body wash & soaps for dry skin today. There are several smart choices for people with sensitive, acne-sensitive, and even combined leather. You no longer have to have itchy, flaky, or cracked skin.