This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Ready to conquer your curly hair and create stunning updos? Look no further than our article on easy curly hair updos for inspiration and step-by-step tutorials.
From one side pinned back styles to tucked Grecian curls, we’ve got you covered with a range of gorgeous options.
Say goodbye to frizz and hello to fabulous curls that will leave you feeling empowered and in control of your mane.
Get ready to rock those effortless, glamorous hairstyles like a pro!
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- One Side Pinned Back
- Curly/Wavy Hairstyles for Short Hair
- Inspiration Photos for Curly & Wavy Updos
- Tucked Grecian Curls
- Stunning Updo for Curls
- Face-Framing Updo With Curly Bangs
- Cute Curly Updo With Tendrils
- Two-Toned Puff Curl Updo
- Curls ‘N Sheen
- Curly Low Bun Textured Twist
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I create a curly updo if my hair is naturally straight?
- What are some tips for preventing frizz in curly hair updos?
- How do I choose the right products for styling curly hair updos?
- Can I create a curly updo without using heat styling tools?
- How can I make my curly updo last all day without losing its shape?
- One side pinned back, half up bun, twisted side ponytail, and low loose bun are all easy updo options for curly hair.
- Curly and wavy hairstyles for short hair include pixie cut with curly bangs, bob with curly hair, and wavy lob or shag.
- Inspiration photos for curly and wavy updos include side braid with cascading curls, twisted bun adorned with delicate accessories, messy bun with loose tendrils framing the face, half-up top knot that combines sophistication and playfulness, and cornrows or bantu knots incorporated into the style.
- Detailed instructions for the 5 easy updos for curly hair include twisting the hair, securing it with bobby pins, creating low ponytails and buns, and using hairspray for added hold and volume.
One Side Pinned Back
To create a stunning one side pinned back updo for your curly hair, start by:
- Gathering the top section of your hair
- Twisting it towards the opposite side
- Securing it with bobby pins to hold it in place.
Then, let the rest of your curls cascade down freely or style them into loose waves for an effortless yet elegant look.
This hairstyle is perfect for any occasion and will showcase your beautiful curls while keeping them out of your face.
Half Up Bun
To create a chic and effortless look, start by:
- Pinning one side of your curly hair back in a half-up bun.
- Taking a section of hair from the front and twisting it towards the back, securing it with bobby pins.
- Gathering the rest of your curls into a loose bun at the center or slightly off to one side.
- Finishing with hairspray for added hold and volume.
Twisted Side Ponytail
Now that you’ve mastered the Half Up Bun, let’s move on to another stylish option for curly hair: the Twisted Side Ponytail.
This updo is perfect for showcasing your beautiful curls while keeping them off your face.
To create this look, start with a low ponytail and twist sections of hair towards it, securing each twist with bobby pins.
Finish by rolling the remaining hair into a chic chignon and securing it in place.
Voila! A stunning twisted side ponytail that will turn heads wherever you go.
Low Loose Bun 2 Ways
For a chic and effortless look, try styling your curly hair with a low loose bun pinned back on one side.
To achieve this hairstyle, start with second-day curls for added volume.
Begin by gathering your hair into a low ponytail and securing it with an elastic band.
Then, twist the length of the ponytail towards the base and secure it in place with bobby pins to create a twisted chignon.
Finally, pin back one side of your hair to add dimension and interest to the style.
Low Messy Bun
You frequently create a low messy bun (one side pinned back) for an effortless and stylish curly hair updo.
To achieve this look, start by rolling your hair into a chignon at the nape of your neck. Secure it with bobby pins to keep it in place. Use hairspray to ensure that the style stays put throughout the day.
For added polish, smooth down any flyaways and create a clean part on one side of your head before pinning back the other side.
This low messy bun is perfect for showcasing your curls while still looking chic and relaxed.
Curly/Wavy Hairstyles for Short Hair
Continue rocking your curly or wavy hair with these fabulous hairstyles for short hair.
Whether you have a pixie cut with curly bangs, a bob with curly hair, or a wavy lob or shag, there are plenty of options to showcase your natural texture.
Embrace the versatility of your curls and waves by styling them into a wavy bob or creating an elegant updo.
Shorter lengths can still be transformed into stunning looks that exude confidence and style.
From casual tousled waves to chic pinned-back styles, there’s no limit to what you can achieve with your curly hair when it comes to updos for short locks.
Don’t let the length hold you back from experimenting and embracing different hairstyles – rock those curls proudly!
Inspiration Photos for Curly & Wavy Updos
To explore more options for curly and wavy updos, let’s take a look at some inspiring photos that showcase stunning styles.
If you’re looking for something elegant and intricate, consider a side braid with cascading curls or a twisted bun adorned with delicate accessories.
For an effortless yet chic vibe, try a messy bun with loose tendrils framing your face or opt for the trendy half-up top knot that combines sophistication and playfulness.
To add an exotic touch to your updo, experiment with cornrows or bantu knots incorporated into the style.
Whether you prefer soft waves or tight coils, there are endless possibilities when it comes to curly hair updos.
Tucked Grecian Curls
To achieve a stunning and elegant look, occasionally embrace the trendy style of Tucked Grecian Curls, which adds an air of sophistication to your curly hair.
- Start by preparing your second-day curls with some volumizing mousse for added texture.
- Take a small section from each side of your head and twist them towards the back.
- Secure the twists in place with bobby pins, crossing them over each other for extra hold.
- Gather all remaining hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck.
- Twist the ponytail into a chignon and secure it with more bobby pins for stability.
6.Finish off by spritzing some hairspray to keep everything in place throughout the day.
With these simple steps, you can rock this chic Tucked Grecian Curls updo that will surely turn heads wherever you go!
Stunning Updo for Curls
Now let’s move on to a stunning updo for curls that will leave you feeling glamorous and ready to take on the world. This style is perfect for those with curly hair who want to add volume and create a beautiful, bouncy effect.
To achieve this stunning updo, start by using day 2 curls for more volume. Create three sections: two twists on either side of your head and one ponytail at the back. Twist each section towards the ponytail, securing them with bobby pins as you go along.
Next, roll your hair into a chignon at the nape of your neck and secure it with additional bobby pins. To finish off this gorgeous hairstyle, spray some light hairspray onto your locks to maintain texture while keeping everything in place.
With this pin-up style for curly hair, you’ll be turning heads wherever you go!
Face-Framing Updo With Curly Bangs
Continue the stunning styles for curly hair by showcasing a unique and eye-catching look: the face-framing updo with curly bangs. This hairstyle is perfect for those who want to add a touch of playfulness and sophistication to their curls.
Here’s how you can achieve this easy yet captivating updo:
- Start by parting your hair in the center, creating two sections.
- Take a small section of hair from each side near your forehead and twist them towards the back.
- Secure these twists at the back with bobby pins, allowing your bangs to frame your face beautifully.
With just a few simple steps, you can create an elegant updo that highlights both your curls and facial features effortlessly.
Cute Curly Updo With Tendrils
Create a cute curly updo with tendrils to add an elegant touch to your hairstyle.
To start, make sure you have second-day curls for added volume.
Begin by sectioning your hair into three parts: two twists and a ponytail.
Take a small section of hair near the top of your head and twist it towards the ponytail, securing it with bobby pins.
Repeat this step on the other side as well.
Next, roll all of your remaining hair into a chignon and secure it in place using bobby pins.
For extra hold, lightly spray hairspray over your entire hairstyle while smoothing down any flyaways along the center part of your hairline.
With proper care and attention to detail in bobby pin placement and hairspray hold, you can achieve an effortlessly chic curly updo that will last throughout any occasion or event.
Two-Toned Puff Curl Updo
To achieve the trendy Two-Toned Puff Curl Updo, take your natural curls to the next level and emphasize their richness with depth and volume.
Start by using day 2 curls for added texture and volume.
Begin by creating a low ponytail, then separate your hair into three sections: two twists on either side of the head, and a ponytail in the back.
Twist each section towards the ponytail, securing them with bobby pins.
Next, roll your hair into a chignon at the nape of your neck and secure it with more bobby pins for added hold.
To enhance color contrast in this updo style, opt for two-toned colors that complement each other beautifully when styled together like dark brown roots transitioning to honey blonde tips or jet black roots fading into silver-gray strands.
Finish off this look by spraying hairspray lightly over your hair to maintain its shape while still allowing movement throughout the day.
The result is an eye-catching updo that showcases both color variation and stunning curly texture while giving you an air of confidence as you master this elegant hairstyle choice!
Curls ‘N Sheen
Achieve a radiant and polished look with the Curls ‘N Sheen updo. This elegant hairstyle showcases your natural curls while adding a touch of sheen for that extra wow factor.
To style, begin by using day 2 curls to add more volume and texture to your hair.
Create three sections: two twists on each side and a ponytail in the center.
Twist the hair towards the ponytail and secure it with bobby pins before rolling it into a chignon shape, securing with more bobby pins.
To maintain this stunning updo, use light hairspray to hold everything in place without weighing down your curls or creating crunchiness.
The Curls ‘N Sheen updo is perfect for any occasion where you want to exude confidence and mastery over styling curly hair effortlessly.
Curly Low Bun Textured Twist
To achieve a stunning and effortless curly low bun textured twist, start by gathering your beautifully defined curls from the previous steps.
Here’s how to create this elegant updo:
- Begin with day 2 curls for added volume.
- Section your hair into three parts: two twists and a ponytail.
- Twist each section of hair towards the ponytail and secure them with bobby pins.
- Roll the remaining hair into a chignon at the nape of your neck, securing it in place with more bobby pins.
- To ensure flyaways are kept at bay, spray some light hairspray on your hair and smooth down any stray strands along the center part.
With these simple steps, you can effortlessly create a gorgeous curly low bun textured twist that will leave you feeling empowered and ready to conquer any occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I create a curly updo if my hair is naturally straight?
To create a curly updo with naturally straight hair, start by using hot tools to add curls or waves.
Then, follow the steps outlined for your desired updo style.
Finish with hairspray to hold the curls in place.
What are some tips for preventing frizz in curly hair updos?
Prevent frizz in curly hair updos by applying a small amount of anti-frizz serum before styling.
Gently finger comb the curls instead of using a brush to maintain their shape and minimize frizz.
How do I choose the right products for styling curly hair updos?
To choose the right products for styling curly hair updos, look for:
- Lightweight options that provide hold without weighing down your curls.
- Gels or creams specifically formulated for curly hair to enhance definition and reduce frizz.
Experiment with different brands and formulas until you find what works best for your unique curl pattern and desired hairstyle.
- Humidity resistance
- Long-lasting hold
- The ability to maintain natural waves or curls throughout the day.
Can I create a curly updo without using heat styling tools?
You can definitely create a stunning curly updo without relying on heat tools. Embrace the natural beauty of your curls, like a wildflower dancing in the breeze, and let them take center stage in your empowering hairstyle.
How can I make my curly updo last all day without losing its shape?
To make your curly updo last all day without losing its shape, start with day 2 curls for more volume.
Create three sections: two twists and a ponytail.
Secure the twists to the ponytail with bobby pins, then roll the hair into a chignon and secure it with more bobby pins.
Spray your hair with light hairspray to maintain texture and avoid flyaways.
Get ready to embrace your curly hair and create stunning updos with our easy curly hair updos article.
Whether you’re looking for a one side pinned back style, a tucked Grecian curls look, or a cute curly updo with tendrils, we’ve got you covered with step-by-step tutorials and inspiration photos.
Say goodbye to frizz and hello to fabulous curls that will leave you feeling empowered and in control.
Get ready to rock those effortless, glamorous hairstyles like a pro!