This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Hair fall after smoothening treatment is common.
Avoid hot water, deep condition, massage scalp, eat healthy, and use recommended shampoo to control hair fall.
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- Avoid Hot Water
- Deep Condition
- Massage Scalp
- Eat Healthy
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals
- Use Recommended Shampoo
- Add Rosemary Oil
- Use SLS-free Shampoo
- Use Hair Rinse
- Ditch Serums
- Ditch Hair Dryer
- Opt for Deep Conditioners
- Eat Omega 3 & Biotin Supplements
- Avoid Coloring Treatments
- Prevent Further Damage
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the long-term effects of hair smoothening?
- How can I prevent hair fall after smoothening?
- What are the best products for hair after smoothening?
- What are some lifestyle changes I can make to help prevent hair fall after smoothening?
- What should I do if I am experiencing hair fall after smoothening?
- Avoid hot water.
- Deep condition hair once a month.
- Massage scalp.
- Eat a healthy diet.
Avoid Hot Water
Avoid using hot water to wash your hair as it can damage the cuticles and cause hair fall.
Instead, use lukewarm water and avoid heat styling tools like blow dryers and flat irons.
Also, use a silk pillowcase to reduce friction and trim split ends regularly.
Limit shampooing to twice a week to prevent further damage.
Deep condition your hair once a month to help repair damage and promote hair growth. This will help to restore moisture and shine, and make your hair more manageable.
Pros of deep conditioning:
- Helps to repair damage
- Promotes hair growth
- Restores moisture and shine
- Makes hair more manageable
Cons of deep conditioning:
- Can be time-consuming
- Can be expensive
- May weigh hair down if used too often
Massage your scalp twice daily to improve blood circulation and distribute natural oils throughout your hair.
Avoid harsh brushing, tight hairstyles, and heat styling.
Use a gentle comb and microfiber towel to dry your hair.
Eat a healthy diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids and biotin.
Take hair loss supplements as directed by your doctor.
You should focus on maintaining a healthy diet to support your hair health and prevent further hair loss after smoothening treatment.
Eat plenty of protein, fruits, and vegetables, and drink plenty of water.
Avoid processed foods and sugary drinks.
A healthy diet will help to keep your hair strong and healthy, and prevent it from falling out.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
In addition to eating healthy, avoid harsh chemicals to prevent further hair loss after smoothening treatment.
- Avoiding heat styling tools
- Using natural products
- Using silk pillowcases
- Limiting shampooing
- Trimming split ends
Additionally, avoid using hair oils and serums that contain harsh chemicals.
Use Recommended Shampoo
Following a hair smoothening treatment, it’s important to:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and gentle products to avoid further damage.
- Avoid heat styling.
- Trim your hair regularly.
- Use a silk pillowcase to help prevent hair fall.
Add Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil can help to strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth, making it an effective addition to your hair care routine after smoothening treatment.
Here are 5 ways to add rosemary oil to your hair care routine:
- Apply oil regularly to your scalp and hair.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible.
- Use a silk pillowcase to reduce friction and damage.
- Trim split ends regularly.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to hydrate and protect your hair.
Use SLS-free Shampoo
To maintain healthy and strong hair after smoothening treatment, it’s crucial to choose the right shampoo.
Transitioning from using rosemary oil, now let’s explore the benefits of using SLS-free shampoo. These shampoos are formulated without harsh sulfates that can strip away natural oils and cause dryness.
Instead, they cleanse gently while leaving your hair soft, preventing frizz, protecting color-treated hair, and promoting shine.
By opting for an SLS-free shampoo specifically designed for chemically treated or smoothened hair like Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo or Briogeo Deep Conditioner Hair Mask , you ensure that your locks receive gentle care without compromising their health and appearance.
Take a look at this table showcasing some recommended SLS-free shampoos:
|Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo
|Cleanses gently; leaves hair smooth, soft & shiny with anti-frizz properties
|Briogeo Deep Conditioner Hair Mask
|Award-winning weekly deep conditioner; restores moisture to dry/brittle/over-processed hair
Using an SLS-free shampoo as part of your regular cleansing routine will play a vital role in maintaining the longevity of your smoothened treatment results while keeping your tresses looking luscious and healthy.
Use Hair Rinse
A hair rinse is a leave-in conditioner that helps to detangle and protect your hair from heat styling. Applying a hair rinse after shampooing can provide numerous benefits in controlling hair fall after smoothening treatments such as keratin treatment, rebonding, or Brazilian blowout.
Hair rinses are designed to reduce frizz, prevent breakage, and detangle the hair. They also help in minimizing protein loss and maintaining the health of chemically treated strands.
Using a suitable hair rinse can be an effective way to nourish your locks while keeping them protected from damage caused by styling tools or environmental factors. Look for products specifically formulated for use on chemically treated or smoothened hair.
To apply a hair rinse:
After using a hair rinse, ditch serums as they can weigh down your hair and make it look greasy.
4 Things to Do Instead:
- Use hair oil to keep your hair moisturized and healthy.
- Use a silk pillowcase to reduce friction and protect your hair from damage.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible.
- Use cold water to rinse your hair when you shower.
Also, be sure to trim split ends regularly to prevent further damage.
Ditch Hair Dryer
In order to prevent hair fall after smoothening treatment, avoid using a hair dryer on your hair as much as possible.
The heat from the hair dryer can damage your hair and cause it to become brittle and break.
Instead, air dry your hair or use a cool setting on the hair dryer.
You should also trim your hair regularly to remove any split ends.
Additionally, sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help to reduce friction and prevent hair breakage.
Finally, avoid using heat styling tools on your hair as much as possible.
Opt for Deep Conditioners
Opting for deep conditioners is another way to prevent hair fall after smoothening treatment. Deep conditioners help to repair damaged hair and restore its natural moisture balance.
Look for deep conditioners that contain natural ingredients like coconut oil, argan oil, or shea butter. Avoid deep conditioners that contain harsh chemicals like sulfates and parabens.
Additionally, be sure to use a heat protectant when styling your hair and limit your use of heat styling tools. You should also use a silk pillowcase to reduce friction and protect your hair from damage.
Eat Omega 3 & Biotin Supplements
To further strengthen your hair and promote healthy growth, incorporating omega-3 fatty acids and biotin supplements into your diet can be highly beneficial.
Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce hair fall by nourishing the scalp and promoting a healthy environment for hair follicles. They also help in improving blood circulation, which is essential for optimal hair growth.
Biotin, on the other hand, is a B-vitamin that plays a crucial role in maintaining the strength of your hair strands.
You can find omega-3 fatty acids in foods like fish (such as salmon or mackerel), walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and spinach.
consider taking omega-3 or biotin supplements after consulting with a healthcare professional.
Remember that dietary supplements should complement a well-balanced diet rather than replace it entirely.
By adding these supplements to your routine alongside other preventive measures discussed earlier,
you’ll be giving yourself every opportunity to maintain strong,
healthy locks while reducing the risk of excessive shedding
and preventing further damage.
Avoid Coloring Treatments
Avoiding coloring treatments is one way to prevent further hair loss after a smoothing treatment.
Coloring treatments can damage hair and make it more prone to breakage.
Instead, focus on using natural oils, trimming split ends, limiting heat styling, using a silk pillowcase, and washing your hair with lukewarm water.
Prevent Further Damage
Limit shampooing to twice a week to prevent further damage to your hair after smoothening.
Instead, focus on using a leave-in conditioner between washes to keep your hair hydrated and protected.
Additionally, consider investing in a silk or satin pillowcase, as the smooth texture reduces friction that can cause damage while you sleep.
Regularly trim split ends to prevent them from traveling up the shaft of your hair and causing more breakage.
When heat styling, always use a heat protectant spray or cream before applying any hot tools like curling irons or straighteners.
Excessive brushing can also contribute to further damage by pulling out hairs that are already weakened from smoothening treatment – so be gentle when detangling knots.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the long-term effects of hair smoothening?
Long-term effects of hair smoothening include:
- Hair thinning
- Loss of natural proteins
To prevent these side effects, avoid heat styling tools, use sulfate-free shampoos, and deep condition regularly.
How can I prevent hair fall after smoothening?
Hair fall after smoothening is a common problem. You can prevent it by:
- Using sulfate-free shampoos
- Avoiding heat styling tools
- Deep conditioning your hair regularly
What are the best products for hair after smoothening?
The best products for hair after smoothening are:
- Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil
- Ouai Hair Oil Frizz Control
- Moroccanoil Treatment
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo
- Pura Dor Argan Oil
- Cliganic USDA Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
- Argan Oil Hair Mask & Deep Conditioner
- SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Hair Masque
- Briogeo Deep Conditioner Hair Mask
What are some lifestyle changes I can make to help prevent hair fall after smoothening?
You can prevent hair fall after smoothening by:
- Using a sulfate-free shampoo
- Avoiding heat styling tools
- Getting regular trims
- Eating a healthy diet
- Getting enough sleep
What should I do if I am experiencing hair fall after smoothening?
If you’re experiencing hair fall after smoothening, you should:
- Use a sulfate-free, paraben-free and silicone-free shampoo.
- Apply a hair serum to towel-dried hair.
- Deep condition your hair once a month.
Following these 15 tips can help you control hair fall after smoothening treatment and keep your hair looking its best.
- Avoid using chemical-based hair products.
- Use a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid using hot water to wash your hair.
- Do not comb your hair when it is wet.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair hydrated.
- Apply a hair mask once a week to nourish your hair.
- Get regular trims to remove split ends.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and protein.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Get enough sleep.
- Avoid stress.
- Exercise regularly.
- Use a silk pillowcase to protect your hair.
- Avoid wearing tight hairstyles that pull on your hair.
- See a doctor if you are experiencing excessive hair loss.