shaving is not complete without best bay rum aftershave lotion. A classic post-shave fragrance that is increasingly popular today is bay rum. It is one of the oldest scents after shaving, dating from the Antilles in the sixteenth century.
Men in the 1800s and early 1900s could not imagine their daily shaving routine without aftershave with rum on the bay. I saw my father’s obsession with this when I was a kid, even applied a bit of this lotion to my face when I was only 10 or 12 years old. I know it sounds crazy, but I couldn’t wait for my beard to grow. The spicy, sensual scent of laurel was simply too irresistible.
With shaving in the wet increasingly popular and all returning to the use of safety razors, we are seeing a great comeback with the aftershave lotion.
It is easy to see why bay rum returns in the bay. It’s old school but not old-fashioned: a masculine scent of cloves and spices.
Even so, the few companies that use authentic laurel leaves and rum will have variations in terms of odor, depending on where they get their bay leaves and rum.
Even if two companies use identical ingredients, the smell will still vary depending on their proper blends.
If you are also looking for recommendations for the best bay rum aftershave for that perfect finishing touch, you’ve come to the right place and I’ll help you find the best bay rum aftershave.
Table Of Contents
- Top 5 Best Bay Rum Aftershave (Quick Summary)
- What Is The Difference Between A Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion And A Regular Post-Shave Lotion?
- Why Even Use Bay Rum Aftershave?
- 15 Best Bay Rum Aftershave On The Market
- 1. Bay Rum Aftershave from Barberry Coast Shave.
- 2. Genuine Ogallala: Bay Rum Aftershave
- 3. Captain’s Choice Original Bay Rum AfterShave
- 4. Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum
- 5. Gilbert Henry Natural Bay Rum Aftershave Balm
- 6. GABELS Bay Rum After Shave Lotion
- 7. Hurricane Series Bay Rum by St. John
- 8. Grand Bay Bay Rum – The Classic, Grand Formula
- 9. Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum
- 10. Royall Bayrhum of Bermuda by Royall Fragrances for Men
- 11. DR Harris Bay Rum
- 12. St. Johns Bay Rum Cologne and Aftershave – The Classic, Traditional, and Original
- 13. The Master Bay rum Aftershave
- 14. The Bull and Bell Bay Rum Aftershave
- 15. Bay Rum After Shave with Bay Essential Oil by Turtle Bay Premium
- Frequently Asked Questions ِ
- Choosing The Best Bay Rum Aftershave
Top 5 Best Bay Rum Aftershave (Quick Summary)
What Is The Difference Between A Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion And A Regular Post-Shave Lotion?
While these two products have the same purpose, the biggest difference between these two products would be the ingredients they contain.
A lotion for after bay rum has two main ingredients: bay leaf and rum.
Lotions for after regular use many more chemicals and are divided into two subcategories: water-based and alcohol-based.
The smell is another thing that separates these two.
The aftershaves of Bay rum have a strong aroma characterized by a wood, earthy or spicy aroma.
Types Of Aftershave
The market has a wide range of aftershave products. They generally come in four forms: creams, gels, balms, and lotions. In addition to working as an antiseptic, they also soothe, moisturize and rejuvenate dry, irritated skin after shaving. Unlike other products that you use during shaving, aftershaves have a longer effect. You do not wipe them away immediately after use.
As we mentioned earlier, lotions have the highest alcohol content of all aftershave products on the market: no less than 60 to 75%. They are very similar to the types of aftershave that hairdressers used to use. We recommend sending aftershave lotions away if you can. The high alcohol content in it not only dries out your skin but also narrows the pores and causes indirectly ingrown hairs.
Why Even Use Bay Rum Aftershave?
The main purpose of the aftershave lotion is to soothe the skin.
If you have problems cutting the skin, skin irritation, rash, and similar problems, the aftershave lotion has excellent healing properties.
Most post-shave lotions have ingredients that act as astringents to prevent cuts from bleeding. Other ingredients moisturize and soften the skin.
help with acne. If you have occasional bouts that bother you after shaving, they will help you fight that.
It helps to tighten the skin and prevents acne in this way. If acne is a major concern, you may want to opt for an alcohol-based aftershave.
15 Best Bay Rum Aftershave On The Market
The best thing about aftershave is that you can find one that is suitable for every skin type. There are many types of aftershave products on the market, making it difficult to know which one suits you best. This article discusses the 15 best bay rum aftershave based on their price range, popularity with customers and overall quality.
View On AmazonWhat I like about this product is 100% of all-natural ingredients that do not contain parabens or alcohol that can dry out the skin.
It also contains skin-friendly ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and shea butter.
This product will leave a cooling sensation due to the menthol content.
Barberry Coast was able to achieve this thanks to the genuine combination of oils and spices extracted from bay leaves of the West Indies.
The fragrance also comes from natural sources such as cloves, vanilla, cinnamon, orange, and allspice.
All these ingredients in addition to smelling good to have numerous benefits for our skin. These include stress relief and improves blood circulation.
If you are looking for something with a traditional smell, then this would be a great option. Keep in mind that the smell is not so strong and if you prefer something with a stronger aroma, opt for another product on this list.
- I would recommend this thing for the natural ingredients that do not pose a threat to your skin.
- You have this subtle scent that lingers long after you apply it to your face.
- Glycerin keeps the moisture from your skin trapped, unlike alcohol that dries it. In addition to the fragrance, Barberry Coat provides aftershave antioxidants and stress-relieving properties.
- The makers’ confidence shines with a 100% lifetime money-back guarantee of the product.
- People first feel the burning sensation, so alcohol is mixed with other ingredients.
Customer Reviews 632 Reviews
A very good scent. treats the skin really well after a nice shave. has a cool, calming burn and a very pleasant odor. I regularly use ogallala, dominica and captains. On my skin it smells like a more elagant nine-tailed captain's choice cat. This barberry coast has a much more balanced and full scent, with less overwhelming and remarkable tones than the captain's choice. definitely worth the price difference. the label is nice and the frosted bottle is a nice touch, looks really stylish in my range of rum rum in my portion of aftershaves. The scent stayed with me ...
View On AmazonLocated in the beautiful old cowboy village of Ogallala, Nebraska, the artisanal products of the authentic Ogallala Bay Rum Toiletry Company are among the best shave bottles available.
Genuine Ogallala, which probably has the strongest and most lasting smell of all the products on this list. As for the ingredients, this is another that only contains all-natural ingredients such as witch hazel, bay oil, cinnamon, clove oil, rosemary, orange, lime, ginger, sage, and wintergreen. All of these essential oils combine to give this one of the deepest perfumes of any post-shave rum we have ever encountered.On the other hand, they also create a scent that is not exactly what one imagines you should smell a laurel rum (although it is quite similar), but it is still quite pleasant.
While the smell is definitely nice, there are still some problems that prevent it from being the first on this list.
First, this product tends to dry the skin a bit more than the others on this list, since it does not contain glycerin (although witch hazel does have some excellent nutritional properties for the skin).
The other main problem is that, once again, it does not smell exactly like an aftershave rum should be. While it smells good, if you’re looking for a true rum fragrance bay rum, you might be a little disappointed.
- The design will certainly interest people a vintage bottle with a screw cap indicates aristocracy.
- In my opinion, the makers simulated the organic scent of Bay Rum as closely as possible.
- I feel that the price is exactly right. It is not too high or too low compared to the other options we have.
- Ogallala customer service is something to cherish for our general users there.
- Having the right amount of alcohol is the key to giving users the burning sensation.
- The odor disappears fairly quickly after you first apply the aftershave.
- I would have liked to keep afloat in place to keep the liquid in the bottle.
Customer Reviews 186 Reviews
This is my 2nd bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum and is the only after shave I use. I like the old time Barber Shop smell and the fact that it's not fruity,or girly smelling.
Captain’s Choice is one of the most recommended aftershave lotions for men who love the traditional aromas of bay rum. It has a particularly strong cinnamon note and some notable notes of clove.
In 2011, Scott Brennecke was frustrated by the lack of high-quality aftershaves in the market.
He spent four frustrating months trying to perfect his bay rum before he was ready to start selling it.
This touch of bay rum is a popular choice in the wet shaving community because of the unique sensation of bite described as (perfect burn).
It is an intense burn similar to pepper but to the skin.
This feeling starts lightly and quickly becomes something that you think you can not handle.
The men who liked the sensation have described it as (addictive). It has a classic aroma of laurel rum with just a touch of clove.
So, if you do not like the nail, this is a good alternative.
Most wet shaving machines agree that Captain’s Choice Bay rum is one of the best options available after shaving with bay rum.
The aroma is not overwhelming, but it is well rounded. Unlike other bay rums, it is not dominated by the addition of cloves.
- I liked how Cat O’Nine Tails smells. The sweet scent of sandalwood is always a welcome feature.
- This thing is absorbed into the skin fairly quickly. Cat O’Nine Tails doesn’t even cause the yellow glow.
- You will notice a soft and warm feeling when it starts to work its magic on your skin.
- Witch hazel has antibacterial properties. Small incisions and cuts healed quickly in my case.
- Glycerin is a welcome addition to the traditional ingredients of this fragrance of laurel shaving.
- People first feel the burning sensation, so you have mixed alcohol with other ingredients.
- The combustion it causes is also noticeable. I would not recommend it for people with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews 461 Reviews
R. A. Gardner
I am a product of the 1950's... I remember the scents of the old barber shops, especially the one in my home town.Mom would send me there on a fairly regular basis for hair cut. In my teen years I continued to go to thisvery same barber shop because of the bay rum splash the barber gave me after the haircut. The haircut was what we called a DA... I also got a little greasy kid stuff to hold the DA in place. This Captain's Choice reminds me of the scent my barber use to use and ...
Clubman Pinaud bay rum smells of nostalgia from the golden age. The uber-masculine perfume with strong hints of bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon has weakened women on their knees since 1880. That is quite long!
About the fragrance profile, the first thing you touch immediately after applying the lotion is a heavenly note of cloves and cinnamon. You can only smell the bay leaves after the solution has dried on your skin.
This is one thing you should know before it drives you crazy. Unlike traditional bay rum aftershaves, it has no rum in it. It is SD-40 alcohol that causes quite a bit of burning when applied immediately after shaving. For those who don’t know, the SD-40 acts as a disinfectant for notches, cuts, and bumps after shaving.
When checking the label you may find the names of some synthetic chemicals. I just want you to know that most of these substances are derived from essential oils.
Most people who complain about severe burning or redness probably use a lot. You are supposed to use only a line on your face and body. So it is not right to fully blame the product.
If your skin is seriously allergic to synthetic fragrances or dyes, I recommend that you consult a dermatologist before using it. You can also do a patch test on your skin if that’s handy. Another glitch in the product is the lack of potency in the fragrance. Although it smells absolutely good, I wish it could have been a bit stronger and more durable.
- Those of you who like to have a direct burn on your face while using laurel will love this thing.
- Alcohol is a strong disinfectant, with this amount of small incisions and bruises have no chance.
- The aftershave has a soft scent that gives you a pleasant feeling when it comes into effect.
- I noticed five different but subtle scent layers with which this thing comes or changes.
- The scent will not project much perfect for guests who want their aftershave to be discreet.
- The alcohol is intense. So, Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum is not for everyone.
- Pinaud has included some difficult to pronounce chemicals in the mix. I would say: Buy wisely.
Customer Reviews 1,409 Reviews
I have been using this product for about 30 years. A bottle will last a long time. The fragrance is fresh and not overpowering. A splash on the face feels good and given it is an aftershave you can add a bit extra without smelling like you took a bath in the stuff. When people smell it, they appreciate the subtle yet fresh sent that won't send people running in the opposite direction! People often comment that the fragrance reminds them of their grandfather, which in all cases has been a good thing. This ...
Although it’s not hard to find a completely natural bay rum aftershave splash, finding a really natural bay rum aftershave balm is something completely different.
But that is exactly what it is – only use natural essential oils of aromatherapy quality and are free from parabens and other unwanted chemicals.
Personally, I love to relieve pain and irritation afterward less than stellar shaves thanks to the aloe-based, which hydrates and soothes the skin without leaving a greasy or oily residue.
Another reason I prefer is that it actually contains no alcohol (alcohol is on) the ingredient list, but the company says this is because some extracts are made with alcohol), which means it has won) Don’t dry out your skin like so many other products.
Of course, the lack of alcohol probably means that it doesn’t really deserve the rum label on the bay, but the smell is still exactly what you would expect.
That said, although I and many others really like the smell of this specific product, it has a much stronger clove smell than many other products – with quite a few reviewers that the smell of clove was a bit too overwhelming.
- I think it’s great to have a pump cap. Amateurs and first-timers will not spill too much of the aftershave.
- You have citrus, authentic West Indian bay leaf and allspice with clove and sandalwood base.
- I liked the addition of Neem oil and witch hazel. The makers insisted on healing notches and cuts.
- The formula contains no synthetic elements. This makes it free of parabens and sulfates.
- I liked how light it feels in my hands. It doesn’t feel greasy! Even for a second or two.
- I would find the price steeper than the others in the same category.
Customer Reviews 114 Reviews
I really like this !Nice smell and kind to the skin it will also last a long time as only a little is needed.
GABELS bay rum aftershave has that vintage 1800’s hairdressing aroma that we all love. You will even find a few bottles of these even today in a barbershop. It is one of the few laurel brands that has maintained the quality of their product over the years.
The characteristic scent of GABELS comes from laurel oil. Apart from this, it also contains bay oil, sucrose out acetate, SD-40 alcohol and food colorants. There is a noticeable touch of clove in it, but it is not at all overwhelming. The aroma is ideal for men who prefer the classic fragrance of Cologne/aftershave over the smell of modern deodorants.
I did not find any offensive ingredient on the label. Because of the alcohol content, it does burn. However, the burn is not painful. It is quite refreshing on your skin.
The balance of all ingredients in the blend is on-point. Once applied immediately after wet shaving, it soothes firms and firms your skin. It also closes the pores to minimize skin irritation caused by shavers.
Those who love masculine, mild aromas that linger on the body instead of an overwhelming scent would love this bay rum. Although the smell is not too greasy, it stays with you for 7-8 hours. What’s even better, you can re-apply it a few times if you want. It does not irritate your skin.
Because the scent is very light, you may need to use a considerable amount to achieve a powerful, long-lasting scent. The good thing is that aftershave is not expensive at all. So you don’t have to break the bank to smell like a stylish, handsome hunk.
- In addition to the aftershave lotion, this thing can also be used as a perfume for the subtle scent.
- You have a strong odor to contend with. It is subtle but refreshing after a smooth shave.
- A bottle of 16 ounces is sufficient and takes a long time to start up. A worthy product for the money.
- This aftershave cools and soothes the mess shave wounds that occur during a shaving routine.
- Alcohol disinfects notches, cuts, and bruises but does not cause a burning sensation in users.
- Some users may not like the light smell that GABELS has. But again, it is by no means a perfume.
Customer Reviews 542 Reviews
Smelled great - very happy!
I saved the best (and the most expensive) for last. My readers will let me relax (again) when I refer to this. Not that it is slightly less of a (quality) product, but it is expensive. You may have to serve more than $ 50 for one bottle. But let me tell you, it’s worth the money.
I liked how you can splash this on your face. Makers could have left with a (pump) system but decided not to. I think a 70-year-old formula is better displayed in a bottle (made by hand).
Given the heritage, I expected quality ingredients from the Hurricane series. Guess? There are some striking groups of ingredients that you will find there. First, there is a premium group of bay leaves. These things are responsible for smelling the Hurricane Series.
The scent is as you want and expect it to be. It overwhelms immediately. You can clearly see the treble of herbs and bay leaves in the scent. I go so far that this is a (sensual) fragrance, meant for men with passion and drive to achieve something.
SD-40 alcohol is a standard part of these lotions. You KNOW what alcohol is doing now, don’t you? For the record, it works as an antiseptic for the notches and cuts.
I also read about FDandR Yellow # 5, Red # 40 and Blue # 1 in the mix. These ingredients give this St. John Cologne the sparkling texture. Then you have water, laurel, and glycerin to eliminate the overwhelming side effects of the said stringent.
Glycerine also does the hydrating work. Alcohol gives users the burning feeling that they want a St. John product. Glycerin lowers the intensity. In general, the feeling remains manageable.
- At first glance, I was addicted to the design of the bottle. It is handmade with beautiful cork on top.
- The burn is intense with this lotion of the Splash type, no quality has been compromised.
- Alcohol is the driving force with its antiseptic properties and strong burning sensation.
- I also like the strong scent of the herbs and bay leaves. Users can use the hurricane series as cologne
- Glycerine acts as the moisturizer in the group that sinks the alcohol.
- It is PRICE. A bottle from the hurricane series of St. John may cost you more than $ 50.
Customer Reviews 8 Reviews
The last word in Bay Rum colognes. Very expensive...I almost didn't get it, but it is Wonderful!
Enthusiasts will remember the classic Dominica Bay Rum. It had a particularly simple approach because it was no different than aftershave. For a while, it disappeared from the shelves (to the sorrow of its fans), but don’t worry; it) returned under the name Grand Bay. (Although the terminology, especially on Amazon, becomes cumbersome. (Grand Bay Bay Rum)?)
The scent is an elegantly simple bay rum to which nothing else has been added. The ingredients are the same: water, alcohol, and Dominica Bay tree oil. The simplicity does have a downside; the odor only lasts about half an hour before it fades. Because it is primarily alcohol, it has a good dose.
If you have sensitive or dry skin, you should do this better, especially since there are no other ingredients to soften the burning of alcohol. And regardless of your skin type, a moisturizing cream is recommended after application because of your skin.
Grand Bay also offers a lime version of the same aftershave, while maintaining the elegant simplicity and only adds a scent of lime. It is a fascinating combination in itself if you like experimenting.
- Nice traditional blend.
- Classic laurel scent.
- 8 oz bottle for the price of other brands gives you an ozone layer of 4.
- Too specialized. Maybe boring for some.
- The scent does not last too long.
Customer Reviews 65 Reviews
I bought this because my favorite "Dominica Bay Rum" has temporarily gone out of production. (I hope it comes back!) I was skeptical about Grand Bay, though it too is produced in Dominica. I need not have worried: it comes pretty close to the "Dominica" brand. It is perhaps slightly stronger, slightly rougher, than "Dominica" at first whiff, but it settles down and gives off that great classic Bay Rum scent. Pour some into your empty (and more beautifully labelled) "Dominica" bottle and you will hardly notice the difference.
Shaving enthusiasts will no doubt know Taylor from Old Bond Street. The name alone feels British and they have been producing good quality shaving products since 1854. Their bay rum, with the slogan traditionally mixed for the discerning gentleman, continues that tradition.
There is a sharp alcohol trap above the usual, so be careful. Scented is the pure bay leaf with additions of clove and citrus, which after the application becomes comparable to a soft but spicy bay leaf. Most fade after about an hour, so you may want to carry the bottle around if you want to retain the scent. Taylor says it can be used as an aftershave or cologne.
Regarding ingredients, some caution is required. There is the expected combination of water, alcohol and essential oils, plus chemicals derived from essential oils. You don’t have to worry about that. It contains some preservatives; as always, consult your dermatologist if in doubt.
More noticeable is the lack of anything to hydrate, so users with dry and sensitive skin must be careful.
- An old brand that is known for its quality.
- Subtle, not overwhelming odor also works as both cologne and aftershave.
- Excellent alcohol trap.
- Nice bottle.
- Although the bottle looks good, it is actually made of plastic.
- Very short-term odor.
- No counterweight for the alcohol.
Customer Reviews 41 Reviews
Awesome smell that really delivers on the feeling of rum and lime... but don’t go through a checkpoint late at night with this one, you will be doing the officers sobriety test.
If I were to write this article 10 or 15 years ago, this product would probably have made the list, because it was once considered one of the best bay rum aftershaves.
I remember very well that my father used this specific product when I was a child.
But although my father is still a fan of Laurel, he was forced to leave this product a few years ago and from the reviews I read, he was certainly not alone.
In short, the company, unfortunately, decided at some point to change the recipe, which resulted in a new product that is enormously inferior to what they used to make.
Not only that but unlike Gabel or Clubman-Pinaud, it’s not even cheap. So do yourself a favor and try something different.
Oh, and if you wonder about the spelling, the drink that we know and what we have loved for years because rum is actually spelled (rum)
- The ascent of an exquisite spicy herbaceous scent
- The spicy scent of various herbs
- This adventurous scent is an ideal aftershave or cologne in warm weather
- Highly recommended by gentlemen as a tingling main wash
- It is recommended for casual wear
- A secretly proportioned mixture containing Bayleaf oil and the purest menthol crystals
- The packaging for this product may differ from the image in the image above
- This item is not for sale on Catalina Island
Customer Reviews 153 Reviews
This is a product that both my husband and I love - he to wear it, I to enjoy the scent. There are many makers of this fragrance, but we found it very pleasant, especially for the price.
Coming from England, D.R. Harris specializes in high-end products that are perfect for men even with sensitive skin. This aftershave of laurel rum does an incredible job of softening and refreshing the skin after shaving.
D.R. Harris has a light scent, so it will not interfere with a colony if you use one. In addition, there are bonus points for the bottle with the class aspect.
- BAY RUM HAIR CARE: a traditional hairdressing lotion for men
- DISCRETE FRAGRANCE: slightly perfumed with a discrete blend of citrus and herbs
- LIGHT HOLD: use as a daily hair product for light hold and control
- DR HARRIS and CO.: they’re a fine selection of soap, shaving creams and soaps, aftershaves and colognes, skincare products and much more, continue to appeal to everyone who appreciates quality and distinction around the world
- MADE IN ENGLAND: imported for sale in the United States
View On AmazonWhen we talk about rum, all conversations eventually lead to St. John’s. The name comes from the island on which the laurel trees grew and became an important export in the 1920s.
Since then it has grown in size. The classic bottle with its ‘fishnet’ packaging has been around since the Second World War and it makes St. John’s Bay Rum immediately recognizable to those who know it.The best way to describe the St. John formula is, ‘Blank’, It is alcohol-based, but burning is really more of a tingling sensation and it is very flexible to adjust. Fragrant, it is well balanced.The bay rum forms most of the body, but it is well mixed with the cloves, eucalyptus, cinnamon, and musk to create a nice, woody scent. However, the odor is of relatively short duration; Testimonials range from a few minutes to just over a few hours.
- The traditional laurel scent, the classic that your father and grandfather wore.
- The iconic bottle, instantly recognizable.
- Subtle odor, excellently mixed, nothing overwhelming.
- Works as an aftershave and cologne.
- Almost too traditional no provision for hydration.
- Heavy on the wallet.
Customer Reviews 193 Reviews
This is expensive, but, if you're a Bay Rum fan, this is really great and worth every penny. I looked at many shaving sites for it to see if i could find it cheaper and most sites are sold out. That told me it must be worth it and it doesn't disappoint! And, it's a very large bottle and has a nice outer packaging, both the size and outside wrapping also contribute to price. Definitely would recommend this!
The Master Bay Rum is an affordable aftershave that is popular because it does not cause a burning effect on the skin. It comes first because of the perfect packaging without leaks and the mild odor.
This aftershave is generally appreciated by people who are sensitive to odor. It is an excellent product for people with sensitive skin because it does not cause irritation or redness.
Master Bay Rum is supplied in a plastic bottle with a capacity of 500 ml. It can be used for both wet and dry shaving for trimming and shaving.
If you’ve tried some aftershaves, you will undoubtedly have experienced the kick of alcohol in places where you were hard with your razor. Some aftershaves emphasize this kick to provide a fairly shocking end-of-shave experience, while others keep it low.
Master Bay Rum falls in the last camp. The alcohol provides warmth when it is applied without really poking. The scent also has some warmth, with a touch of darkness; it) s usually bay rum with a hint of cinnamon. The scent is initially sharp but soon comes in something sweet and warm.
- The clear scent of laurel without penetrating too many other flavors.
- The smooth feeling when applying.
- Glycerin helps hydrate the skin.
- Excellent price for quantity.
- Some users prefer a stronger alcohol burning.
Customer Reviews 83 Reviews
There are lots of variations on bay rum, but I keep coming back to this one. I don't like strong "in your face" fragrances. Master Bay Rum is pleasant and subtle, more spicy than floral, and it doesn't hang around too long. To my nose, Master Bay Rum is more like the classic barber shop style than the other brands that I tried.
The Bull and Bell Bay Rum is a specially designed after-shave intended to relieve burns because it does not dry out the skin.
It is ranked as the Best Bay Rum Aftershave since it is usually handmade to moisturize the skin and has a soothing effect, accompanied by a scent that lasts all day.
Made from a combination of aloe and hazel, so it is not sticky and can, therefore, be used by both beginners. It can be used by people with sensitive skin because it is flexible and does not irritate.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by artisans using premium quality, all-natural ingredients
- SAY GOODBYE FOR SAVING: Soothing formula ensures the best post-shave experience
- DOES NOT DRY SKIN: Tonic carefully crafted to protect for the duration of your day
- PERFECT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Made with all-natural ingredients, moisturizes, does not irritate, contains witch hazel and aloe
- FEEL THE DIFFERENCE: No fat residue, no shaving bumps, and no skin irritation
Customer Reviews 9 Reviews
Excellent after shave. Really nice clean scent.The scent lasts for an hour or two then fades away. Very pleased !!
The stylish bottle that goes with it is enough to attract you and let you buy. Oh! And the bottle is reusable. All ingredients are natural without a pure synthetic fragrance.
The strong scent of bay leaves from the Caribbean dominates, but we can also notice a hint of naturally mixed herbs.
Upon request, this aftershave relieves the burns of the razor blades. Customer reviews show that they appreciate the packaging, but recommend pouring the splash into another bottle because the bottle is unstable. Nevertheless, it is perhaps the best bay rum aftershave for people with a pimple.
- Natural Bay essential oil.
- No synthetic or fragrance oil.
- Reusable stainless steel hip flask.
- Most orders are shipped the same day.
- Made in the United States, with essential oil from Dominica
Customer Reviews 9 Reviews
Purchased one of these for myself and liked it so much that I ordered it to be sent as a Christmas gift to my son. The heavy duty stainless steel flask can be used for other liquids when the bay rum is gone.
Frequently Asked Questions ِ
How Does The Bay Rum Smell?
There are many possible answers to the question, based on familiar scents, to give you an idea of the scent of bay rum.
The bay of the West Indies is related to allspice, and a scent can give a small picture of what bay rum can look like. It is also repeatedly described as the smell of Christmas, thanks to the spices. At least one woman has described it as ‘spicy cupcakes’. Another said cautiously: something that a contract killer would wear.
A woman once described it as Thanksgiving, another the most masculine Christmas cookies ever made.
We will answer that question a little differently. Think back to older times, the age of your grandfather or great-grandfather. Time for the hectic updates to the second within reach. A time of woolen suits and cigars.
Think of the ideal father. The strong man with a full beard has been carefully trimmed, who can repair his car with his bare hands and absorb all the antics of his children without ever looking.
Think of what he had to undergo to become all that, and imagine that bay rum is an ingredient in making the man.
Can I Use Aftershave As A Cologne?
Yes, you can; there is nothing fundamentally different about the two products and some manufacturers even advertise their products as aftershave and cologne. In the list above these are Taylor of Old Bond Street and St. Johns.
It’s just that aftershave is not as strong as perfume or perfume, so it won’t last that long. On the other hand, that can be an advantage: your potential partner sniffs, leans close and smells exactly what it was …
Why Does Aftershave Smell Differently In Different People?
Aftershave is applied to your body and that canvas influences the scent tones on your skin. The whole thing is really a complex interaction of your body chemistry and the make-up of the aftershave you’ve just applied. There will usually not be much difference, especially since aftershave is not as strong as perfume, but in all cases it is best to test before using it regularly, just to be sure.
Choosing The Best Bay Rum Aftershave
Some of these resort-style products can come close to the original scent, but none of them can adequately reproduce the clove, rum and cinnamon fragrance that come from a post-shave lotion.
Similarly, many aftershaves lotions replace the rum with cheaper grain alcohol.
Unfortunately, this not only eliminates the odor, but it is also much harder on the skin and can leave it with a sharp and tight feeling.
You will find that some aftershaves contain glycerin. This is a product based on vegetable oil that helps to moisturize and care for the skin, leaving it silky. If you have dry skin or just do not like the hardness of most aftershaves, then you should try to find one that contains glycerin.
If you have not tried the bay rum yet, it’s time to try it.
You will love the masculine scent.
The above products represent the Best Bay Rum Aftershave lotions; I am sure you will find one that works well for your needs.
If this article was useful for you, share it on Facebook or other social networks according to the following buttons. We would really appreciate it since we have worked very hard on this publication for you.
I have the feeling that some of your friends and family will find it useful too.