This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Best face masks for men & women are a great addition to any man’s skincare regimen by taking it to the next level.
Face masks aren’t just for women. There’s nothing wrong with pampering yourself, gentlemen. You work hard, lead an often hectic lifestyle, and stress can become a burden.
Many men suffer from acne, blackheads, clogged pores, and other problems. If this is right for you, don’t despair, there is an abundance of the bestfacial masks specifically tailored for men’s skin.
If you really want a deep clean, one that won’t dry out or damage your skin (like bar soap), then it’s worth checking out to buy the best face masks for me; give them a try. You don’t need to use them daily, and they can easily complement other skincare products in your arsenal.
Essentially a reset for your face, masks offer all kinds of great benefits for your skin.
This article concerns take a closer look at the best facial masks for men and women, the best hydrating face mask, and how to get clear skin for men and women.
We look at their best features, their pros, and cons, and determine who they are best for.
We’ll also cover the main topics, such as what to look for before buying a face mask, and answer the frequently asked questions.
Table Of Contents
- Things to Consider to Get The Best Face Mask for Men
- 10 Best Face Masks For Men & Women Of 2023
- 1. Pure Biology Bentonite Clay Mask
- 2. Rugged And Dapper Face Mask For Men
- 3. New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 4. The Gentlemen’s Facial Mask By Beau Brummell For Men
- 5. Brickell Men’s Purifying Charcoal Face Mask
- 6. Superfood Marine Clay Mask
- 7. Lily Sado Green Tea Mud Mask
- 8. Menscience Androceuticals Facial Cleansing Mask
- 9. Finevine Activated Charcoal Mud Mask
- 10. Hommeface Ultimate Combo Korean Sheet Mask Set For Men
- How to apply a face mask
- FAQs About Face Masks
Things to Consider to Get The Best Face Mask for Men
Choosing a face mask is a bit of a challenge, especially considering all the options available.
Don’t be intimidated though, it’s a new world d, and we’re behind you.
Let’s explain some of the most important aspects to consider as you read and browse for the best face mask for men.
Understanding these will make you more than ready to make an informed decision about getting the best face mask for your personal needs and how good face masks look and feel.
1. Skin type
Knowing your skin type is crucial when choosing skincare products. What works for another man may yield less than great results for you simply because your skin is different.
To choose what’s best for you, you need to know your skin type.
- Dry Skin: You know you have dry skin when it is flaking, exceptionally dry, or cracked easily. It all comes down to your skin absorbing the oils and moisture it naturally produces. Buy facial masks with moisturizing ingredients, such as jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid, especially important as our skin ages, and ceramides if you have dry skin.
- Oily skin: It is also common in men and especially in young men who also often suffer from acne. Fortunately, face masks are a great way to combat oily skin, provided you choose the right type ass (acne-fighting) or (oil-reducing) and with the help of elements such as clay or mud.
- Combination: If your face is dry in some areas and oily in others, you have combination skin, you need products formulated to treat both conditions – think jojoba oil – or you want to be selective about where your skin merges. Each product applies to individual dry and oily skin.
- Sensitive skin: Men with sensitive skin or who are also unlucky enough. There are many different types of face masks with emollients that are intended for use on sensitive skin. Avoid masks with exfoliants or heavy minerals, as these can rub your skin and irritate and inflame, making the whole process uncomfortable.
- Normal skin: Men fortunate enough to have normal skin – the midst between dry and oily skin – can safely choose and use a variety of best face masks for men. Just keep track of how they affect your skin and adjust your regimen as needed.
2. Types of face masks
Face masks available for men include a variety of masks, such as clay masks, charcoal-infused masks, sheet masks, mud masks, etc.
Although each type has a common goal – users give facial skin as healthy as possible – they often do this in different ways.
For example, some provide extra moisture, others reduce irritation and inflammation (redness), while others help treat signs of aging or its effects thereof from overexposure to the sun.
It’s always wise to go through a product’s ingredients list when you buy, flip, and learn about skincare products! First, you want to avoid additives that can cause allergic reactions when applied to your skin. While that’s not a problem for many men, it always pays to be careful.
Let’s take a look at the key ingredients you will find among the different types of face masks.
- Retinol: Retinol is an essential ingredient in many different anti-aging products. It can be found in a variety of anti-aging creams and washes and is known for its ability to reduce the width of aging wrinkles and sagging skin. Are designed for adult men or those most concerned about regaining youthful looks.
- Collagen: Collagen is an incredibly important part of proper cell division and repair. Facial masks that use collagen are a primary ingredient you can count on to help reduce the signs of aging, diminish fine lines, and help you look younger and healthier.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are essential ingredients in many best facial masks s, mainly because of their restorative and healing properties. Antioxidants stop the free movement of radical oxygen molecules, which can disrupt cell division and prevent healthy skin repair.
- Moisturizers: Moisturizers are also important t, especially if you already have dry skin; these are compounds such as aloe vera and hyaluronic acid, both of which help lock in moisture and the skin and prevent excess moisture from leaking out as a result of the effects of the face mask.
- Activated Charcoal: This ingredient is one of the best you will find, and it is the main ingredient in charcoal masks for men; it has both nourishing cleansing properties and very effective in cleaning your pores and removing toxins without being too rough for your skin.
You shouldn’t overuse the formula in a container when applying it to your face, but we’ll discuss how to effectively spread a facial mask over your skin after showing off our list of the best face masks for men.
10 Best Face Masks For Men & Women Of 2023
Next, let’s look at what we think are the best facial masks for men in 2023.
1. Pure Biology Bentonite Clay Mask
Pure Biology packs a lot of healthy things into its clay mask for men and women, showing users many positive benefits for their skin.
What’s in the Pure Biology mask?
Retinol (Vitamin A) helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It mainly works by stimulating collagen production and helping the skin to retain hydration. In this mask, it contains the form of retinyl palmitate, which is found naturally in our skin and also acts as an antioxidant to help stop UV damage.
Another key ingredient is NaturePep Pea, a plant compound that helps reduce the production of melanin (natural pigments) caused by free radicals and harmful UV rays.
It can also help tighten the skin by promoting elastin and collagen production.
Vitamins C and E are two other essential ingredients, and both reduce UV damage to the skin while protecting it from free radicals.
In addition, the two clays (kaolin and bentonite) serve as excellent exfoliators to trap excess fat, dead skin cells, and other impurities that get trapped in them.
Pure Biology recommends using the clay mask two to three times a week for the best results. Apply a thin layer of clay to a clean face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with warm water.
- Good for wrinkled skin
- Soft and soothing
- Helps with inflamed skin and acne
- Many in packaging
- Be careful when using it on too sensitive skin.
2. Rugged And Dapper Face Mask For Men
View On AmazonThis mask is another clay variety that combines kaolin clay with aloe vera and herbal infusions to create a truly comfortable and soothing experience.
It is detoxifying and thorough, penetrates deep into your pores, and removes excess oil and other impurities.
Our testers found this mask to be one of the best face masks for men when it comes to removing blackheads.eaters and fight further acne production, so if you naturally have oily skin, this might be one of the better choices for you.
It also helps to narrow your pores and reduce the chance of further toxicity later down the road, thanks to its herbal compounds.
In terms of feel, our testers reported that it felt a bit thicker than the previous mask we examined, but it shouldn’t have any problems clogging your pores.
Men with sensitive skin may also benefit from applying this mask as the herbal infusions help keep the experience smooth and relaxing for the duration.
The mask is also very affordable, so it’s a great choice for guys who are just starting to use masks and want something small to experiment with before making a larger purchase.
There are no compounds specific to fight lines and wrinkles, and other signs of aging, but it is still an excellent mask for a variety of skin types.
- Great for males on a price range
- Aids to tighten pores and reduce much more difficulties
- Great for fighting acne
- Gentle on skin
- Thick, potentially uncomfortable
3. New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask
View On AmazonThe Dead Sea, a saltwater lake in the Middle East between Israel and Jordan, has the lowest sea level of any body of water on Earth. Mountains also surround this famous body of water.
The combination of both makes Dead Sea mud rich in minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and sodium. They are minerals that provide many health benefits, including increased hydration, improved skin barrier function, and reduced inflammation.
The minerals from Dead Sea mud have been shown to help reverse the effects of UV rays on the skin, one of the leading causes of skin stress and aging we encounter.
It means they reduce blemishes by pulling them away from the skin, resulting in cleaner, brighter skin with fewer blackheads for most users.
Which brings us to New York Biology’s Dead Sea Mud Mask: it is useful for treating all types of skin and skin problems, including acne. The high concentration of sodium and magnesium is powerful in treating other pimples.
This clarifying mask is primarily based on shea butter and aloe vera for hydration.
Aloe vera soothes and heals the skins helping it recover from the environmental stress of everyday life.
Shea butter also helps to reduce environmental stress. Recent studies have shown that the triterpene esters, composed of fatty acids, oleic acid, stearic acid, and others, make shea butter a powerful moisturizer with anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the skin’s barrier thickness and promote healthy collagen formation.
To reduce irritation and inflammation on your skin, chamomile and sunflower oils have also been added.
New York Biology has also added jojoba oil and vitamins A and E, which we’ve discussed above, and offer the same oil control, healing, softening, and skin tightening here.
Although the New York Biology Dead Sea Mud Mask comes with several natural ingredients, it also contains dimethicone – a silicone that acts as a softening and hydrating agent that gives a silky smooth feel. Is, of course, a matter of personal preference.
- Dead Sea mud assists to eliminate extra oil and impurities
- Beneficial for treating blackheads and oily skin
- Gentle adequate for each and everyday use
- Some reviewers say it is not as effective as prior versions.
4. The Gentlemen’s Facial Mask By Beau Brummell For Men
View On AmazonMen have very different skin from women and need their own products to accurately respond to their needs.
Oils, blackheads, acne, and more can cause a man’s skin to become unpleasant and, in some cases, even incredibly painful; this mask helps remove oils and toxins that are present in the skin, especially in the areas where these are most prominent, leaving your face feeling fresher and cleaner than just soap and water.
Unlike Kyoku’s face mask, this product does not use volcanic mud to remove dirt and grime.
Instead, it uses activated charcoal and kaolin clay; ingredients are known for their cleansing and detoxifying properties. Activated charcoal is especially effective at thoroughly cleansing, exfoliating, and protecting the skin from future breakouts. The product tightens the pores and prevents dirt from re-entering, which also helps to control aggressive breakouts.
After using this product, your face will not be that oily; it specifically targets the areas of the face that produce the most oil, such as around the nose and forehead.
Apply and wait about 7-10 minutes for the ingredients to work, then wash off and moisturize.
- Incredibly fantastic at deep cleansing pores
- Has activated charcoal, fantastic ingredient
- Traps in moisture
- Great for fighting acne
- A bit costly
- Not super soothing
5. Brickell Men’s Purifying Charcoal Face Mask
View On AmazonThis is a different combination of kaolin clay and activated charcoal; our testers really liked this duo as the pore cleaning power is unmatched by anyone!
You can see these significant effects as soon as you apply it to your face.
Plus, this formula is a bit more hydrating than the previous charcoal/clay combo mask, as it contains hyaluronic acid.
This is one of the best moisturizers you can find in skincare products as it both prevents excess moisture from escaping and helps your cells retain moisture.
Even if it were not present, the charcoal would create a good seal that you can count on to protect dry skin.
There are also antioxidants in the formula; in combination with hyaluronic acid, we can also recommend this mask as a solution for men with slightly wrinkled skin.
Although it does not contain any retinol or collagen components, it is moisturizing. Its cell repair properties make it powerful enough to treat minor wrinkles and other minor signs of aging well enough.
It’s a great all-around face mask that any man can appreciate and benefit from.
The only major drawback is that the asking price is relatively high, given that you only get 4 ounces of the formula for your purchase.
- Excellent for all skin varieties
- Very great at cleansing
- Soothing in spite of deep cleansing
- Assists with wrinkles and hydration
- A bit pricey
6. Superfood Marine Clay Mask
View On AmazonWhile we don’t have any products on this list that we would find morally questionable, we realize that some men have exceptionally high standards when it comes to the ethics of their grooming products, and if that’s you, you’ll be glad to hear that Marine ClayMask is 100% vegan.
Made from all organic ingredients, this is a dermatologically certified blend that beautifully cleanses your skin and looks better, more vital, and healthier than ever.
The formula contains seven vitamin-rich ingredients (aka superfoods), which give it its natural scent – some will love it, others will hate it. But either way, it won’t last long and will not hang at all.
This list includes aloe vera and spirulina, which we have already discussed.
But it also contains antioxidant-rich, free-radical scavenging, youthful green tea, and avocado.
Green tea helps reverse UV damage and stimulates collagen production by promoting cell renewal – the process of destroying and breaking down old, unhealthy cells to make way for new healthy ones.
Avocado oil has a wide variety of beneficial compounds, such as vitamins A, D, and E, which we have talked about, helping to give both the complexion and texture of your skin a youthful look.in linoleic and oleic acid and essential minerals, all of which together form a superfood that can reduce inflammation, nourish dry and chapped skin, and promote collagen production. 
Applying this stuff is a pleasure: easy to spread, feels soft, and dries very quickly. However, removing it is a bit more difficult than other face masks, and it can take a long time.cost.A good scrub to get rid of every trace of it completely.
However, once you remove it, you will. Note that your skin tingles: it tackles acne, redness, inflammation, and fatigue to return your skin to a natural, healthier state.
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free-
- All-natural formula moisturizes and restores skin
- Most reviewers adore the smell
- Not the easiest to get rid of.
7. Lily Sado Green Tea Mud Mask
View On AmazonThis mask uses exciting ingredients to form a special mud mask that revitalizes your skin and helps with signs of aging.
This is a relatively unique formula that combines green tea matcha and cucumber extract into a special mud mask.
It’s not as thick or stiff as that of kaolin clay, but it still has effective cleansing properties and also has a pleasant, soothing scent.
Antioxidants are included in the formula to give it a bit of an anti-aging aspect and help your skin cells heal once toxins and other debris are removed from your pores.
Because of its unique ingredient list, this mask is one of the best we’ve seen for men with super sensitive skin.
It is much more comfortable than clay masks that use, for example, kaolin clay or different types of mud.
Men with small wrinkles will also love this mask because of the addition of parsley, which stimulates collagen production and improves the elasticity of the skin.
Ultimately, this is a refreshing, unique twist on the face mask formula that we really like, although some may find its exotic scent and sensation too strange to appreciate.
- Assists with indicators of aging
- The unique formula and truly feel
- Very gentle when applied
- Odd fragrance-Not the very best for cleansing pores
8. Menscience Androceuticals Facial Cleansing Mask
View On AmazonGreen matcha tea is an unusual ingredient to form the core of a facial mask formula, and if you use MenScience’s Androceuticals Facial Cleansing Mask, you’ll see why. Other skincare products, including many face masks, include green tea.
Their premium face mask is made with a very high concentration of green matcha tea, which contains a ton of antioxidants and aids in detoxification.
It also contains several other dermatological grade ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid.
It purifies and detoxifies with the same bentonite and kaolin clay we talked about above, absorbs your skin’s impurities, and reduces grease, ultimately softening your skin and leaving it refreshed for days.
So if it has nothing out of the ordinary from the other masks on this list, why have we included it?
1) The enormous concentration (especially green tea) distinguishes this tea and contributes to its effectiveness, but also to the price tag.
2) The formula is all-natural – no chemicals, dyes, or added fragrances – and you can feel it while using it. This makes it great for any skin type, which is unusual in a face mask, and means you can use it. Share with friends or buy with confidence, regardless of your skin type.
While it works like a dream, it’s worth noting that this stuff is expensive, and you need some pretty generous help to get the full effect – meaning some of it gets turned off by the price alone.
- Particular ultra-potent green tea matcha formula delivers larger concentrations of antioxidants.
- Actively purifies and nourishes skin with two types of clay.
- No further dyes or fragrances make this excellent for delicate skin
- The cost tag leaves some reviewers reeling.
9. Finevine Activated Charcoal Mud Mask
View On AmazonThis mask is made from a thick charcoal and mineral mud; both ingredients combine to exfoliate and cleanse your pores intensely.
This is another mud mask, although it uses activated charcoal as its main ingredient, so it cleans pores, and its ability to fight toxins is more important than many other masks.
The charcoal is combined with Dead Sea mud for deep, pore-cleansing effects with exfoliating properties, all in the same product.
That’s why our testers recommend it for men with extremely oily skin or who want to focus on exfoliation to rejuvenate their skin and restore a youthful glow.
It is not a good choice for men with sensitive skin, we must say.
The soothing ingredients in the formula are not enough to really make this the best choice for men whose skin is easily irritated or inflamed.
However, men with dry skin can feel safe applying this mask as the charcoal forms a seal and prevents moisture from leaking out.
Even if not, aloe vera is present in the formula to preserve skin hydrated and hydrated, ready to repair itself once the toxins are removed.
Although it is very thick and takes some getting used to, trust the mask not to clog your pores but to cleanse them; once removed, you will be glad you got through the minor discomfort and that your pores are more open and clean than ever before!
- Cleanses and exfoliates
- Soothing to an extent
- Great for males with dry skin
- Lessens the likelihood of acne returning
- Not excellent for sensitive skin
- Extremely thick, potentially unpleasant
10. Hommeface Ultimate Combo Korean Sheet Mask Set For Men
View On AmazonThis mask is of the drape and uses unique ingredients to nourish and revitalize your skin cells.
These are Korean style masks, which means they are made of clean, soft material and specially shaped foremen.
You should have no problem putting the sheets on your face, even if yours is a bit wider or longer than average.
These sheets are an excellent choice for men with sensitive skin because they do not tend to penetrate deep into pores or irritate the skin in any way.
They use a formula consisting mainly of algae, kelp, and samphire.
All of these compounds combine with refreshing and nourishing properties for the skin of your face, and they come from Korean facial mask recipes.
You shouldn’t have any problems with dry skin when using these sheets, as the mask is tight enough to prevent moisture from escaping during the process.
However, given their nature, these plates are the best choice if you want to clean your pores.
Think of these face mask sheets as superficial cleansers and nourishments for your face, rather than exfoliants or deep cleansers.
These are great for what they do best but terrible for other purposes.
You get 6 sheets with your purchase, which is a bit low considering the asking price.
But in general, they are super fussy or sensitive, which is a major concern.
- Great for guys with delicate skin
- Aids nourish and hydrate the face
- Easy to apply and get rid of
- An incredibly soft sheet components
- Only a handful of sheets in purchase
- Not fantastic for pore cleansing
How to apply a face mask
Regardless of the basic connection of the face mask on which you decide to make a decision, the application process is relatively the same.
To get the most out of your new face mask, follow these steps:
- the face mask will release many of the impurities and excess Mongolia of your skin. It is important to thoroughly clean your familiar face to ensure that you have a cleaner base for your skin. This helps the face mask to penetrate deeper and ultimately ensure better results for your skin.
- After you have fully cleaned, make sure that you just dry your face pat (you have to do this already). Vigorously rubbing your face dry can cause collagen damage, and in general, it’s not good to do this with your skin.
- If the manufacturer does not have any product-specific applications (many of these applications are not available), you want to make the mask evenly over your face. Make sure you don’t get too close to your eyes as the skin here is a little thinner.
- After about 15 minutes (unless indicated otherwise), wash the mask with warm water. Many of the masks featured in this article rely on natural connections, so there is not much reason to clean the post-mask application. However, if you are adamant about cleaning, you can absolutely.
- Apply a moisturizer to your skin after drying, as it will help to moisturize your skin, and you can continue your day.
FAQs About Face Masks
Okay, so you have an idea of some of the best face masks for men & women out there on the market, but you can ask a few if you are new to the world of face masks. We ‘ I’m going to take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions here.
Do face masks work for men?
Men can certainly benefit from the regular use of face masks. While the men’s skin tends to be a little louder and more resilient to environmental degradation, they can still suffer from acne, blackheads, dry skin, and clogged pores.
However, the resilience of the skin can also resist skincare products, to make the best choice masks formulated explicitly for the skin of gentlemen. Masks are also a great way to destabilize, stimulate blood flow, and work the rest of your skincare routine better.
What’s Best Time to Use a Face Mask?
This is up to you, but the best time for most men to use a face mask is in the evening before bed.
This is because you need a time window in which you will not be disturbed to set up the mask and do its work.
If You use a face mask in the evening before bed, your face will have a number of hours of constant peace before returning to work and the outside world, where the weather is exposed to dirt and debris.
You can use masks in the morning when it is needed, but this strikes the target, as your pores will soon be hidden again.
How often to use face masks?
It depends on how much work you have to do on your face. Even the best face masks take a while for clearly visible results.
The mask type for the face that you purchase ensures that you follow the instructions of the manufacturer.
Is it bad to use a face mask after shaving?
Actually better to use a mask after shaving. In that way, the razor blade has made a smooth surface and removed some of the existing dead skin cells. No hair in the way allows the cleaning and nourishing ingredients to penetrate the skin for the best results.
Face masks are not just for women. Men can see important changes in their skin as they begin to use the best face mask for men in their regime.
The best part is that you need to use these only once or twice a week, although some of them can be used more often if you want to.
We’d like to hear from you. Do you use face masks? If so, what is your favorite brand and type? Did you use any of the products listed here?
If you know someone who is looking to stimulate the skincare game, you should share this article with them. We always welcome your feedback!