This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
If you are interested in going by black or a warmer dark tone, you will need the best black hair dye that does not become dull after a pair of washes.
While dyeing that black hair may seem like a one-way street, there are actually so many different tones and shades of black to consider.
You can go for a more natural look with a black-brown, seasoned condiment with a black that includes violet or blue tones, or go to the dark side with a black tone.
With so many options, each promising to make your hair brighter than the ground, it can be difficult to find the best permanent black hair dye.
While finding the perfect shadow of black is super important. , It is worth mentioning that a permanent hair dye kit with nutritious ingredients for hair moisturizing, preventing breakage, and softening hair are greater.
Whether you’re looking for permanent or semi-permanent hair color, we’ve got you covered. We’ll also provide some tips on how to choose the right hair color for your skin tone.
So if you’re ready to find the perfect black hair dye, let’s get started!
Table Of Contents
- The Best Black Hair Dye (Quick Summary)
- How to Choosing the Perfect Hair Dye
- 5 Best Black Hair Dyes of 2022
- Can I Dye My Hair Black at Home?
- How to Apply Hair Dye: Step by Step
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Best Black Hair Dye (Quick Summary)
|Naturtint Permanent Hair Color|
4.5 out of 5
|Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme – Soft Black|
4.5 out of 5
|Clairol Nice'n Easy Permanent Hair Dye|
4.5 out of 5
|Clairol Natural Instincts Semi-permanent Hair Color – Black Midnight|
4.5 out of 5
|L'oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color|
4.5 out of 5
How to Choosing the Perfect Hair Dye
Before jumping to our incredible list of black hair dye products, let’s look at the things you should consider.
- Dye Type: Decide if you want a permanent, semi-permanent or demi-permanent hair color. Depending on how long you want the hair dye to stay, choose a product.
- Shades of black: It may be difficult for you to believe, but, like there are more than a dozen blonde tones, there are probably more tones more different from black. Choose a shadow of black that will complement the color of your skin and make your eyes pop.
- Ingredients: Ingredients such as ammonia, peroxide, and parabens can damage hair and scalp. Look for natural ingredients in hair dyes so that hair remains protected and free of damage.
- Maintenance is essential: If you choose a shadow that has three or four darker tones than your natural hair color will mean you will have to get used to regularly dying your roots. The good news is that there are varieties of products that can facilitate the process.
- Allergic reactions: Choose a dye that has been dermatologically tested. In addition, check out the reviews for if they cause skin irritation or allergies. If you have sensitive skin, perform a patch test before using a product.
5 Best Black Hair Dyes of 2022
If you are ready to get beautiful black braids, here are 10 of the best drugstore hair dyes you can buy today to make the big jump to black hair.
1. Naturtint Permanent Hair Color
This semi-permanent dye and dye for natural hair is available in two shades of black: a fresh ebonic black and a black brown-black, and does not contain ammonia, artificial fragrance, parabens, or other potentially harsh ingredients. To help your hair be soft and bright and protect your scalp while collecting, the formula is enriched by nutritious ingredients, such as oleic acid derived from the olives and seed oil from Meadowfoam.
However, since it is ammonia-free, it can fade faster and provide less gray coverage.
According to the house stylist: “ I really like this brand, and I have used it before by red hair, so I will trust again when I decide to go black. He definitely turned it into a black color of live ebony, and I have had it in a month and some now without any fading or discoloration with ordinary hair products. ”
- Free of ammonia
- No artificial fragrance
- Resorcinol free
- Without heavy metals
- Dermatologically tested
- Softens hair
- Smooth hair
- It contains PPD
- It May cause allergic reactions.
2. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme – Soft Black
Garnier Nutrisse Nutrition Cream in Soft Black is formulated with matched color reinforcement technology with triple oil oils: avocado, olive, and shea.
These ingredients are mixed in a non-rich cream formula and do not drip, which offers a permanent and dark hair color. It also contains stagnate oil that nourishes the hair.
- Offers full gray hair coverage
- Add brightness
- Nourish hair
- No harsh ingredients
- Easy to use
- Long-term long-term
- It fades easily
- Contains ammonia
- Could dry the hair.
3. Clairol Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Dye
View On AmazonWhen you have dark hair from the crow, covering gray can be a challenge. Fortunately, this formula depends on the task. With a 100% gray coverage, it looks natural with a range of luminous tones and highlights.
Even though it is heavy-duty, it does not have to worry about that chemical smell, and this has a fresh and floral fragrance. Candice along the way, letting the hair be brighter and softer than when you started. In addition, the non-drip formula will not make a mess of its entire bathroom.
- It offers full gray coverage
- Long-term duration
- Adds brightness
- Makes the hair soft and smooth
- Contains PPD.
4. Clairol Natural Instincts Semi-permanent Hair Color – Black Midnight
Natural Clairol instincts in black Noir are formulated with 80% nutritious ingredients naturally derived as aloe vera and coconut. It is a semi-permanent hair color that lasts 28 washes and can be used in all hair types and textures.
The hair dye colors hair in an exuberant and deep color with an improved shine. It makes the hair healthy and radiant. It is soft and does not damage the hair or scalp.
- Free paraben
- Manufactured in natural ingredients of 80%
- Soft formula
- Suitable for all types of hair and textures
- I could dry the hair.
5. L’oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color
View On AmazonThe upper preference of L’Oreal Paris in Ultimate Black is the deepest black shadow. She hangs her hair as she adds dimension to look more full. She has a gel consistency and provides gray hair coverage.
The black hair dye offers a rich and durable color that is resistant to discoloration. It makes the hair vibrant, bright, and soft.
It is formulated with golden camel oil, vitamin e rich in antioxidants, and a UV filter, making the hair healthy and manageable.
- It makes the hair healthy
- Add brightness
- Resistant to discoloration
- Softens hair
- The strong smell
- It could get Drippy.
Can I Dye My Hair Black at Home?
Absolutely! Dye your black hair at home is easy to do. Be sure to cover all your surfaces before starting, and the black hair dye can be messy! And always perform a thread test to make sure your new color matches the color in the box.
Suppose your hair is light for dark brown colored/black. The black hair dye will add brightness to their locks. Make sure you have enough boxes to get full coverage; you can take more than one if your hair is long.
If your hair is blonde and lighter: black hair is high maintenance if your roots grow lighter, but our best root touches will take you through the dyes.
How to Apply Hair Dye: Step by Step
If you’re looking to dye your hair at home, there are a few things you need to know before you get started. First, you’ll need to choose the right hair dye. There are Permanent, Semi-Permanent, and Temporary dyes, so be sure to pick one that best suits your needs.
Permanent hair color will last until your hair grows out or you dye it again, while the semi-permanent color will fade over time. Temporary color washes out after a single shampoo. Once you’ve chosen your dye, it’s time to get started!
Follow these steps for dying your hair at home:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is oily, shampoo it and let it air dry before beginning.
- Protect your clothes by putting on an old t-shirt or a cape.
- Open the hair color kit and mix together the dye according to the instructions.
- Using gloves, apply the hair dye to your hair, starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends.
- Once all of your hair is covered, let the dye sit for the recommended amount of time.
- Rinse the dye out of your hair with cool water.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Style your hair as usual.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Brand Has the Darkest Black Hair Dye?
Naturtint Permanent Hair Color, “ Blackest Black, “It’s our darker black shadow with touches of cool tones. It provides 100% gray coverage and is better for natural hair between light brown and black.
Is black hair dye damaging?
While all hair dye can be damaging to your hair, black hair dye is no more damaging than other hair dyes. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package to avoid damaging your hair.
What are some of the best black hair dyes?
- Permanent: Dark and Lovely, Softsheen-Carson nations, L’Oreal Paris Excellence Crème
- Semi-permanent: Clairol Natural Instincts, Garnier Nutrisse
- Temporary: Manic Panic Raven
How do I know if a black hair dye is right for me?
Check the instructions on the dye to see if it is meant for your hair type. For example, some dyes are only meant for use on natural hair, while others can be used on all hair types.
How do I use black hair dye?
Follow the instructions on the dye. Permanent dyes will require you to mix the dye with a developer, while semi-permanent and temporary dyes will not.
How often should I dye my hair?
This will depend on how often you wash your hair, as well as the type of dye you are using. Permanent dyes will last the longest, while semi-permanent and temporary dyes will need to be reapplied more often.
What are some of the risks associated with black hair dye?
Permanent dyes can cause hair breakage, while semi-permanent and temporary dyes can cause scalp irritation.
If you’re looking for the best black hair dye, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up the top five picks for 2022, so you can choose the perfect one for your needs.
From permanent to semi-permanent dye, there’s something for everyone on our list. And we’ve even included a few options for those with sensitive skin.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to find your perfect match!